• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hoops are Alive and Well in Philly

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Watched the second half of Temple-Duke... huge win for the Owls!

St. Joe's and La Salle are both 10-4. Between those two and Temple, quite a race with three Philadelphia schools in the A-10.

No clue why Nova is so rotten this season.

have you ever been to the Palestra?

I have, indeed! Saw a Penn-Princeton game there... sat about 8ft away from John Thompson. It's an amazing place to watch hoops... like stepping back in time 60+ years. Heck, they even have a tribute to Penn's NCAA Tournament win over the Huskers on the concourse outside the area (and tons of other history). Very cool place that I'd highly recommend any hoops junky visits at some point.

I will be in Philly in July for a day may look into it

It's right on the Penn campus, which is just off downtown Philly... and right next to Franklin Field, which is the old football stadium (1895) where the Eagles played long ago... and is still home to the Penn Relays, which is the oldest track and field event in the nation.

You'll have to see if you can get inside the Palestra... they probably have it open on occasion for tours.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back