• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Hooks sees opportunity and a good fit at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree at any level...

Well, you haven't seen my NCAA 13 dynasty stats. PJ Smith has over 30 sacks and Stafford has 16 with 3 games to go. There's nothing like the Nickel Double Safety Blitz. The corners can't handle it the whole game, but it's still fun. ;)

I like Russell's potential a bit more than Hooks - although you cant argue Hooks' production, but its not a big dif. I could go Hooks over Russell. Toby Johnson is the clear #1 for me, especially since I anticipate a full recovery. Its funny cause another guy Nebraska is after, Kyle Peko could be #4. Pelini is clearly going after the best.
They may be the best in the JUCO ranks, but are they really good enough to be quality contributors in a BCS conference?
I realize that's an impossible question to answer with certainty, but what's your impression?

They may be the best in the JUCO ranks, but are they really good enough to be quality contributors in a BCS conference?
I realize that's an impossible question to answer with certainty, but what's your impression?

Like you said, its hard to say for certain if a JUCO kid will translate his talent to the D1 level. Grades, attitude and work ethic are the reasons a lot of kids end up at the JUCO level out of HS in the first place. A kid from a JUCO brings different baggage and sometimes a different mindset all together than a HS kid will.

Looking at their film, each of the 5 JUCO DTs Nebraska has brought in for a visit seem like 'gamers'. There are examples of JUCO DTs thriving and being busts. In 2008, 5* JUCO stud Simi Kuli signed with Oregon State but never played for them. The other side of that coin would be a couple of DT studs from the 2011 class. Jesse Williams has started for Alabama for two years and Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson is going to be a high NFL draft pick.

Coach KaZ, Coach P, and Coach Joesph are visiting him today. Still a long shot, but there is no question we are throwing all we have at him

Location is HUGE on this one...and is why we will lose out in the end unless they can pull a rabbit out of their hats....as I said I think he ends up at Mississippi...

We absolutely NEED some of these JUCO DTs. DT recruiting has been nothing short of bad lately.

I disagree with this. We are seeing the results on the field now, of a recruiting class several years ago. There are young guys on this team that have all the potential to be great players. There has been a gap in recruits that have had an impact on the d-line, and we are seeing/feeling that gap right now. I do agree with the need of the JUCO DT's, we need some guys to help bridge that gap asap.

Last year was the first year where I really felt good about the DT class (VV and Curry).

Before that, and perhaps this year, we keep striking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back