• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Hooks sees opportunity and a good fit at Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
From a teaser on HIO....this kid would be a HUGE pickup....

Nebraska has only been recruiting Lavon Hooks for a couple of weeks and despite the fact that the Huskers are his most recent offer they were able to host him on his first official visit this weekend.

The Booneville (Miss.) Northeast Mississippi C.C. defensive lineman, who had 16 and a 1/2 sacks as well as 22 TFLs this season, said that his stay in Lincoln was an eye-opener.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/barrier_...pt=content.asp&cid=1434815&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

<tbody>
</tbody>

As does he in the trenches....these kids are smart enough at that point to see where the need is...he was very impressed with our DBs and sees where the help is needed...a 3-2 guy....

I see some opportunity for him here too.

One can make a strong argument that the best JUCO DTs for the class of 2013 are 1. Toby Johnson 2. Quincy Russell 3. Lavon Hooks

Nebraska has a shot at all three and IMPO should take any of these three that say yes.

I would take all three yes...and I think at worst we get 2 of the 3......

One can make a strong argument that the best JUCO DTs for the class of 2013 are 1. Toby Johnson 2. Quincy Russell 3. Lavon Hooks

Nebraska has a shot at all three and IMPO should take any of these three that say yes.

I would take all three yes...and I think at worst we get 2 of the 3......

Reminds me a bit of the 2007 class when Nebraska signed JUCO DTs Kevin Dixon, Joseph Townsend and Shukree Barfield. Townsend as you know, never played for Nebraska but Dixon and Barfield had decent careers.

Nebraska would do very well with two of these guys.

I actually like Hooks #1 right now for what is out there at this moment. And yes, that is taking into account Johnson's injury.

I actually like Hooks #1 right now for what is out there at this moment. And yes, that is taking into account Johnson's injury.

I like Russell's potential a bit more than Hooks - although you cant argue Hooks' production, but its not a big dif. I could go Hooks over Russell. Toby Johnson is the clear #1 for me, especially since I anticipate a full recovery. Its funny cause another guy Nebraska is after, Kyle Peko could be #4. Pelini is clearly going after the best.

I like Russell's potential a bit more than Hooks - although you cant argue Hooks' production, but its not a big dif. I could go Hooks over Russell. Toby Johnson is the clear #1 for me, especially since I anticipate a full recovery. Its funny cause another guy Nebraska is after, Kyle Peko could be #4. Pelini is clearly going after the best.
Would it be possible to get all four of these guys or do we not have room for that many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back