• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked HIGH Composite 4-star/98 Tyjon Lindsey is N (Flips from Ohio State) Will OV on 27 Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think all this locking thread stuff for getting off topic is a bit much. I understand it can be a bit annoying at times, heck I've been annoyed at times by the same thing. But no one is being disrespectful. We all pay our money to post here, and sometimes, heck a lot of times threads get off topic. IMO, it's part of the fun. But I don't think it's breaking any board rules. Good grief. Irrelevant posts are pretty easy to scan thru quickly.

crazy_fat_kid.gif

I thought I'd deleted all my pics. :Facepalm:

I think all this locking thread stuff for getting off topic is a bit much. I understand it can be a bit annoying at times, heck I've been annoyed at times by the same thing. But no one is being disrespectful. We all pay our money to post here, and sometimes, heck a lot of times threads get off topic. IMO, it's part of the fun. But I don't think it's breaking any board rules. Good grief. Irrelevant posts are pretty easy to scan thru quickly.
Actually it all depends on why it is brought off topic as to whether or not a thread is locked. Two examples are posting about topics unrelated to the board. Such as negative discussion of offensive or defensive philosophy on the recruiting board could be seen to be breaking this rule.
Posting on the Appropriate Board: We provide a number of forums on the bulletin board that cover numerous topics. Before initiating a new thread, please ensure that the topic of your thread is appropriate to that board. Threads that are started on the incorrect board will be moved by an administrator or a moderator to the appropriate place. Enforcement of this rule will be particularly strict with respect to the football board during football season.
Read more at https://www.huskermax.com/bbs/rules.html#yeLbBrd1654DqJsl.99

Or if it is done expressly to illicite a negative response from others this rule.
Trolling and Baiting: Trolling is defined as a post or a thread that is deliberately designed to get a rise out of people, for example by posting information that is obviously incorrect, asking questions that are nonsensical, or by purposely antagonizing or mischaracterizing Husker fans. Similarly, baiting is defined as posts that are calculated to provoke another poster into violating the rules. Engaging in either trolling or baiting is likely to result in a PM from either an administrator or a moderator.
Read more at https://www.huskermax.com/bbs/rules.html#yeLbBrd1654DqJsl.99

So I would tend to agree with you when sometimes threads slip into what fast food places should be opened in Lincoln to make recruits feel welcome. That is just silliness as a result of boredom. No harm no foul. However when every single recruit thread turns into discussions of failed offensive and defensive ideologies. That is clearly both on the wrong board and being done to get a negative response from others.

Actually it all depends on why it is brought off topic as to whether or not a thread is locked. Two examples are posting about topics unrelated to the board. Such as negative discussion of offensive or defensive philosophy on the recruiting board could be seen to be breaking this rule.

Or if it is done expressly to illicite a negative response from others this rule.

So I would tend to agree with you when sometimes threads slip into what fast food places should be opened in Lincoln to make recruits feel welcome. That is just silliness as a result of boredom. No harm no foul. However when every single recruit thread turns into discussions of failed offensive and defensive ideologies. That is clearly both on the wrong board and being done to get a negative response from others.

So what's this got to do with Lindsey? :Stirthepot: I kid, I kid....:Stickouttongue:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back