• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

High 3 * DE Hayden Schwartz Has Decommitted; Commits To MN

Disappointing but not surprising. Arguably the best commit we had in this small and lowly-rated class. We probably keep Torres (due to injury) and the in-state commits. Not sure or confident about anyone else.

My sense is that most kids we offer believe that Frost and company will be fired this year or next year. That's certainly what they are hearing from other schools.

This is what four years of underachieving leads to in the recruiting world.
Not to mention the more vocal "best fans in the nation".

There are plenty of other good players in this country that could fill his spot. Hopefully, they find another good player for that position.

It certainly would help if the team and staff would perform better on Saturday's. The outrage from fans right now would dissipate if they would get their act together.

Last edited:
"There are a number of folks up in arms about Hayden Schwartz decommitting and what some of my and Sean's thoughts have been about Schwartz. What I understand now is Schwartz told Nebraska that he may have wanted to take another trip or two and based on that news Nebraska let him out of the class.

So, while Nebraska wasn't looking for a reason to necessarily get Schwartz out of the class, they didn't turn the chance away when it presented itself. As Sean and I said on the board earlier this week, Schwartz hardly looked the part of a Big Ten defensive lineman. The pictures don't lie. Jake Appleget towered over Schwartz."

"There are a number of folks up in arms about Hayden Schwartz decommitting and what some of my and Sean's thoughts have been about Schwartz. What I understand now is Schwartz told Nebraska that he may have wanted to take another trip or two and based on that news Nebraska let him out of the class.

So, while Nebraska wasn't looking for a reason to necessarily get Schwartz out of the class, they didn't turn the chance away when it presented itself. As Sean and I said on the board earlier this week, Schwartz hardly looked the part of a Big Ten defensive lineman. The pictures don't lie. Jake Appleget towered over Schwartz."

Then that ought to tell us all we need to know if he was considered our top rated recruit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back