• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked HI: Husker Recruits In Action (Week 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Very lengthy (and free) piece from Huskers Illustrated's Kris Knowlton.

If nothing else, be sure to check out the piece for Kris' comments on Sam Cotton, as he was at their first game and also got to see Tay Bender.

Article Link Here

Here are some bits that I liked:

GHIERRY VANDERKYUP, 3-star, ATH: Scored the only points for Hialeah in a 46-6 loss against Naples. Vanderkyup was the quarterback on a 12-yard TD strike.

TYREECE JILES, 3-star, CB: Jiles put the first points on the board during a 41-36 win for Cape Coral with a 53-yard TD reception in the first quarter. He also scored the game-clincher, a 6-yard TD catch with six minutes left in the fourth quarter.

TAIWAN JOHNSON, 4-star, DE: Had three sacks and five tackles before sitting the second half in a 62-6 win at Willow Ridge on Friday night.

Last edited:

I was at the Southeast/ Southwest game friday night and sam cotton did little or nothing in the game. I'm left scratching my head that he has an offer.

With all due respect its one game....I saw the same things being said about brother Jake a few years back and it looks like he may be a starter, on the OL, as a RS-Frosh....I guess I just don't get all of the 'hate' towards the Cotton family.....

He got an offer because he earned it....Bo doesn't give scholarships away....especially in such a small class....and a position of such need....

I was at the Southeast/ Southwest game friday night and sam cotton did little or nothing in the game. I'm left scratching my head that he has an offer.

I will say for the record that Jake Cotton wasn't impressing much in high school either, I heard the term from some coaches "looks like tarzan plays like jane" and he is now pushing for playing time as a RS Freshmen on the OL. So i'll trust the coaches judgment. Sometimes you have to wonder though.

No hate for the Cottons at all here, just stating what I saw. He didn't show much that game but that doesn't mean he sucks either. Neither one of the teams looked real smooth. It looked like a typical first game of the high school season. Bender played pretty well. Again nothing spectacular but there was alot of nothing spectacular going on in that game.

I think Ben is a very good TE and I'm interested to see how Jake does this year. Barney has gotten the short end of the stick around here in my opinion based on the lack of overall OL talent he inherited when he got here. It takes time to build O linemen generally and even more time when you are doing it alone which tenopir/young, fischer/tenopir never had to try to do. It was cool to see Barney, Jake, Ben and Jason Ankrah at the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back