• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HEY LEE!!!!!!!! Get over it!!!!!

lol...so how far ahead of the OWH was the LJS?

Listen, I know you're more comfortable with the newspaper being no more than a subsidiary of the UNL PR office. You'd rather hear what you want to hear. You don't want to...you can hardly even rationally DEAL WITH...anything that questions TO's impending sainthood. Others like to hear all sides/opinions. Even when we don't agree with them.

I bet it hurts your heart that you can't come out SWINGING against Reid, Chubick, Hoppen and Markowski for fear of proving yourself the hypocrite that most already know you are.

I'm more than happy that the former players care enough to comment, and there's plenty of time for them to be brought in and get a better feeling about what's going on.

It's even funnier that you have to ramp up your Husker bashing as most of the Husker nation is reasonably optimistic about our future.

I'm more than happy that the former players care enough to comment, and there's plenty of time for them to be brought in and get a better feeling about what's going on.

It's even funnier that you have to ramp up your Husker bashing as most of the Husker nation is reasonably optimistic about our future.

Who am I bashing fRed? Please...do tell. You're about the only think Husker I can't stand.

Who am I bashing fRed? Please...do tell. You're about the only think Husker I can't stand.

You're bashing Miles as underwhelming and T.O. for having a faulty search. There's nothing wrong with your opinion. You may even be right. But you're all over the threads raining on them. Some of us are just going to be optimistic, OK?

You're bashing Miles as underwhelming and T.O. for having a faulty search. There's nothing wrong with your opinion. You may even be right. But you're all over the threads raining on them. Some of us are just going to be optimistic, OK?

You have a pretty low threshold for "bashing".

You have a pretty low threshold for "bashing".

Pretty much standard fare from you in regards to Nebrasks athletics, in particular on the basketball board(GFOA seems to have the football board covered for you)

He only points out one instance, but you pretty much try to poo in every thread related to Nebraska basketball every opportunity you get. When Husker fans tried to enjoy a victory earlier in the year, you decided to barrage the thread with your Doc bashing in an attempt to make sure that Husker fans couldn't get that enjoyment.

Conversely, in regards to Creighton you're a full time apologist and excuse maker. And boy do you whine when somebody tries to inject a little reality into any of that talk.

I think the former players have put enough effort,blood and sweat into the program to say what they feel. And to be honest they may be right who knows. His resume is not overly outstanding. I think it is a good hire and am excited to follow them. Lee also has a right to write what he wants but I just don't like what comes out of his pen/computer. Personally I feel he goes out of his way to show he is not biased, but I live in Nebraska and love Nebraska athletics so I really don't mind a story tainted with a little husker red. I think Lee is wrong when it comes to TO and how he conducted his job search, and I just really don't care to read his stuff anymore.

Being familiar with TM from his time in Ft Collins, gotta say, I'm continually impressed with his communication skills and ability to remain positive - that has and will continue to serve him well.

especially liked his quote from the LJS's Coleman article:

What about the critics who've said Miles' hiring isn't the "splash" hire Nebraska needed? It doesn't bother Miles, who said the majority of people he's talked to are at least willing to give him a chance.
"There's no way to make people feel better that don't want to feel better," Miles said. "You can't please everybody all the time."

seems to be a lot of apathy going around, I for one feel better about the direction of the basketball program, & appreciate this is going to take time.

Last edited:
Pretty much standard fare from you in regards to Nebrasks athletics, in particular on the basketball board(GFOA seems to have the football board covered for you)

He only points out one instance, but you pretty much try to poo in every thread related to Nebraska basketball every opportunity you get. When Husker fans tried to enjoy a victory earlier in the year, you decided to barrage the thread with your Doc bashing in an attempt to make sure that Husker fans couldn't get that enjoyment.

Conversely, in regards to Creighton you're a full time apologist and excuse maker. And boy do you whine when somebody tries to inject a little reality into any of that talk.

Point out where I make excuses for CU. I'm critical when I find the need. Hard to be too critical this year though.

Funny how you bring CU into more threads than I do. But if you had read posts from last year I was really disappointed in the job that McDermott did in his first year. Maybe not totally fair but the talent last year was better than what the record indicated. I've also acknowledged that CU/Greg McDermott are very lucky to have had Doug M. turn into a 1st team all-american. While I like the direction CU is headed I am fully aware that Greg McDermott can't be fully judged until Doug is gone. You can't blame a guy who spawns an All American. But I'm OK with not putting Greg in the hall of fame yet. But from an individual player and team perspective this year...hard to complain.

Last edited:
I really don't know much about the politics of college basketball. But, I think it's a fair to write a critical assessment based on experienced subject's comments. If the only articles were cheer-leading pieces, we would be bored and have nothing to think about. In this case, I think LB is doing his job. Also, I'm glad that the former players are free and confident in expressing their opinions. Tim Miles seems like a charismatic individual and seems like most of Nebraska sports and fans are pulling for his success. Seems like a guy who likes to prove people wrong -- if this is the case, keep the criticism coming as he will have a lot to prove.

I'd be more insterested in what Miles' former players have to say, than Doc's former players. Am I really supposed to be surprised that Doc's guys think he was unjustly fired, and the new guy is step down?

I'd be more insterested in what Miles' former players have to say, than Doc's former players. Am I really supposed to be surprised that Doc's guys think he was unjustly fired, and the new guy is step down?

These weren't Doc's players. Hoppen was an Iba guy. The others were Nee guys. They have as much right to present their view as players who have been critical of past/current husker football coaches. Is their word golden or final? Of course, not. But their opinion is certainly worth hearing. Hell, they didn't bash the guy. They just questioned his background and whether or not maybe another direction might have been worth trying since this is the same direction NU has gone the last few times. I've always said hiring is hit and miss so nobody can be sure one way or the other what Miles will do. But it's fair to present the other side v. "he's energetic and funny!"

These weren't Doc's players. Hoppen was an Iba guy. The others were Nee guys. They have as much right to present their view as players who have been critical of past/current husker football coaches. Is their word golden or final? Of course, not. But their opinion is certainly worth hearing. Hell, they didn't bash the guy. They just questioned his background and whether or not maybe another direction might have been worth trying since this is the same direction NU has gone the last few times. I've always said hiring is hit and miss so nobody can be sure one way or the other what Miles will do. But it's fair to present the other side v. "he's energetic and funny!"

That's fine, and I get why media outlets do that, but I think it's time to move past the "what do former players who don't know the guy" have to say, and move onto other things. I don't know if Miles will be NU's Bo Ryan, or if he'll be another bust, but he's here, and he'll likely be the coach for at least the next 5 seasons.

I totally agree with the post above.

I have never understood why people in the forums complain about some of the best players ever at Nebraska expressing their opinions about the new hire for coach. Each of the people who complained about these former players having an opinion have also expressed their own opinions about the hire. Why is it that someone on a forum board who has had nothing to do with Nebraska basketball can express themselves but former players can not?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back