• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hey HMax a fellow Husker veteran can use some help please.

I just wanted to say thank you all so much for the support you’ve given my sister and her kids. It’s truly overwhelming what Husker Nation is capable of. With that being said we have more than reached our goal as of now it’s at 2,865 dollars. It’s astonishing really. We have begun the process of transferring the money to a back account so we can get the ball rolling on getting them housed. The money should be available for use I the 22nd or hopefully sooner. I’m beyond grateful as is she. You all made a Christmas miracle happen and my family and I are very very humbled by all your generosity. God bless all of you and GBR.

An unfortunate update. But she isn’t giving up. Kids are getting a little stir crazy but everyone is better off now than where they were to start. Just came across some unseen/unknown problems while trying to move her in.

Most folks don’t realize, one could be one hardship from being homeless. I hate seeing it. It’s disturbing to me. So many have so much, yet seemingly, it’s still not enough. Many times, there is no one else left to help, or, never was anyone to help. It’s disturbing to see it, and it gets worse everyday. I wish her and her family all the blessings out there.

Most folks don’t realize, one could be one hardship from being homeless. I hate seeing it. It’s disturbing to me. So many have so much, yet seemingly, it’s still not enough. Many times, there is no one else left to help, or, never was anyone to help. It’s disturbing to see it, and it gets worse everyday. I wish her and her family all the blessings out there.
Thank you

If you can’t donate if you can share the link to her gotundme would be just as helpful. They only have a roof over their head for one more night.

Hey all,

I know most of you don’t know me. I’ve been a member for two years and love it here. I argue with some but it’s a great community and I’m proud to be apart of it. One reason you all are so great is I’ve learned you take care of your own. It’s admirable.

With that in mind I’m asking for some help for my stepsister Jasmine. She is a Navy veteran and lives in Grand Island. Her husband left her and the kids with nothing in October and she has struggled since. She is a hard worker but couldn’t keep up on one income. Last week she lost her house and her and the 4 kids are in a hotel room scrapping by. My family and I have been helping as much as we can but we are limited. She found a veteran service but they can’t help with the hotel bill apparently only rent when she gets her place. She started a gofundme because she needs help with getting into her new place before Christmas so the kids can be in a house and not a hotel room.

I know with the holidays it’s a very inconvenient time, but if you can help she and my family would greatly appreciate it. If you can’t help please pass along if you wouldn’t mind. Thank you all and GBR.

Just donated. If she needs alternative employment or to pick up additional hours, have her reach out to Cindy at Kohls. PM me for the full name.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back