• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Heard it here first

I simply can't agree with that statement in that OSU has ZERO experience at QB starting the season. I don't care how good the rest of the team is if the QB can't get it done. They don't even have a backup QB with any experience so not sure that idea does anything for them. No OSU QB except Fields even attempted a pass last season? If Stroud isn't sharp right out of the box OSU could experience trouble. They wouldn't be the first team to lose some games as their rookie QB gains some experience. Have the new QB get behind a decent team and who knows how he responds. It will be interesting to see how Stroud doesn't against Minny.

When has a starting QB at Ohio State not gotten the job done....in recent memory? Remember, all those great OSU qb's the last couple decades all had a first game with no experience either. They didn't arrive on campus with having a magical 10 games under their belt. They all started with zero college experience as well. Even if the starter this year doesn't get it done, someone else will.

When has a starting QB at Ohio State not gotten the job done....in recent memory? Remember, all those great OSU qb's the last couple decades all had a first game with no experience either. They didn't arrive on campus with having a magical 10 games under their belt. They all started with zero college experience as well. Even if the starter this year doesn't get it done, someone else will.
When was the last time OSU had almost ZERO experience at QB starting the season I would ask. Sorry but I'm not going to anoint Stroud the second coming based on zero experience. If we did that with ANY QB at Nebraska we'd get laughed at. NO ONE knows how inexperienced QB's are going to perform at game time. Until I actually see great QB play from Stroud or someone else at QB for OSU I say it's still a crap shoot. Lets review what OSU does after their first 2 games. They are going into this season with virtually ZERO experience at I believe the most important position on a football team.

Perhaps you haven't looked at OSU opening schedule? They open with Minny @ MN and then face a highly regarded Oregon! You want to pencil wins for those games with an almost rookie QB be my guest. They could very easy lose either of those games imo. Remember they are used to seeing QB's with the experience of a Justin Fields the past couple of years. So perhaps you're right and those teams have no chance against them but I think it's going to be very interesting.
See what their 5* QB brings them

When was the last time OSU had almost ZERO experience at QB starting the season I would ask. Sorry but I'm not going to anoint Stroud the second coming based on zero experience. If we did that with ANY QB at Nebraska we'd get laughed at. NO ONE knows how inexperienced QB's are going to perform at game time. Until I actually see great QB play from Stroud or someone else at QB for OSU I say it's still a crap shoot. Lets review what OSU does after their first 2 games. They are going into this season with virtually ZERO experience at I believe the most important position on a football team.
Difference is, they know how to coach them up. Sometimes in a hurry

OSU has 2 high 4 stars and a 5 star qb with another 5 star skipping his senior year of High School to enroll this fall. I suspect they’ll figure it out and will be okay. You never know til the bullets start flying how the starter will do but they have an embarrassment of riches in that QB room.

I can understand not anointing Stroud and it’s possible he could struggle. The thing with Ohio St. is they have three or four guys always higher rated than any of our guys including our starter. We don’t get those kinds of quarterbacks.

Did you even bother to read the very response that you quoted of mine? I'm not gonna type the same thing out all over again. Go back and read it again. The answers to every question you posed to me are in that response. It is absolute silliness that your line of thinking on OSU is what it is. There is nothing in the modern day history of OSU to back up your claims. In fact, the evidence supports the contrary. You're in for a rude awakening bro. Instead of putting all your focus on Nebraska beating OSU, let's start with baby steps. How about Nebraska beat Purdue, Illinois, NW, and Iowa first. Then we can go after the big boys.

I can understand not anointing Stroud and it’s possible he could struggle. The thing with Ohio St. is they have three or four guys always higher rated than any of our guys including our starter. We don’t get those kinds of quarterbacks.
Bingo! They have, probably 6 qb's, all better than our Adrian Martinez on their roster, right now! I think the Husker kool-aid has a little bit of cocaine in it right now.

Did you even bother to read the very response that you quoted of mine? I'm not gonna type the same thing out all over again. Go back and read it again. The answers to every question you posed to me are in that response. It is absolute silliness that your line of thinking on OSU is what it is. There is nothing in the modern day history of OSU to back up your claims. In fact, the evidence supports the contrary. You're in for a rude awakening bro. Instead of putting all your focus on Nebraska beating OSU, let's start with baby steps. How about Nebraska beat Purdue, Illinois, NW, and Iowa first. Then we can go after the big boys.
Perhaps you also might read what I wrote! Where did I even mention Nebraska beating OSU? Please point out where I suggested that scenario. I asked WHEN has OSU started a season with virtually ZERO experience at QB? I suggest you look back the past 10 years and you'll discover they almost always had some experience at QB even if it was on the bench. This year they DO NOT have that luxury. So fine, you're sold that one of their inexperienced (highly rated) young QB's will step up and be a winner? That's fine but until the bullets start flying there's no way OSU can know they have a winner at QB. Lets have this chat AFTER the Minny game. Lets see how OSU did at the QB position in that game. It's speculation right now that OSU has the next super star QB on their roster. Perhaps they do but for now that's unknown until they do it.

I'd say something about that comment but I'd get banned! Doesn't sit every well with someone in law enforcement imo.
It's a joke bud. Relax. How does someone read that and not see the joke? BTW, I was in law enforcement for a few years. Got out quickly.

Last edited:

Perhaps you also might read what I wrote! Where did I even mention Nebraska beating OSU? Please point out where I suggested that scenario. I asked WHEN has OSU started a season with virtually ZERO experience at QB? I suggest you look back the past 10 years and you'll discover they almost always had some experience at QB even if it was on the bench. This year they DO NOT have that luxury. So fine, you're sold that one of their inexperienced (highly rated) young QB's will step up and be a winner? That's fine but until the bullets start flying there's no way OSU can know they have a winner at QB. Lets have this chat AFTER the Minny game. Lets see how OSU did at the QB position in that game. It's speculation right now that OSU has the next super star QB on their roster. Perhaps they do but for now that's unknown until they do it.
I did not state that you suggested we would beat OSU. Again with the reading issues. I said we should not focus so much on WAYS to beat OSU....as in their lack of QB experience. I figured that was understood on your end. I'll make sure to break it down better for you in the future.

Still, that's really beside the point. You asked questions about their qb experience, and I provided answers. I'm still not gonna go back and retype the same answers. Every OSU qb had a game 1 at OSU. Every. Single. One. The bench doesn't qualify as experience LOL.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back