• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Have Shawn and Bo had the talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I may not have faith in Bo anymore (I was a Boliever for the first 5 years and a few weeks into #6) but he's not a dummy, he knows where he stands at this time.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think Bo is at risk of being fired unless November is an epic meltdown.

I think Shawn talks to Bo about replacing ineffective assistants and gives him another year. If things don't look better next year, that's it for Bo.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think Bo is at risk of being fired unless November is an epic meltdown.

I think Shawn talks to Bo about replacing ineffective assistants and gives him another year. If things don't look better next year, that's it for Bo.

This is the most plausible assessment of a worst-case scenario for Bo et al I've read here in weeks.

Last edited:

This seems like the most reasonable course to me also, I don't like to fire coaches for one down year. But this isn't a normall down year either so who knows what will happen. There are chronic problems that have not been corrected from the past 2 years, several blow out losses, the tape, the seemingly unreasonable stubbornness to play Martnez every snap even late in blow outs either direction and others reasons I am sure other posters can do a better job of listing than I can. In short this doesn't seem like a normal "down" year, it feels like the culmination of several bad decisions and processes coming to a head. It will be interesting to see how Eichorst handles it.

I won't be at all surprised if Bo is head coach for Nebraska at this point next season.

It's not a matter or whether or not I feel he's a capable coach. There are business decisions to be made. And I'm simply one chimp in a cage full of HuskerMax chimps. Yes, you are all simple primates who screech quite a bit. That makes us family. My tail is the longest, but we are all chimps. HuskerMax will not determine Bo's outcome.

What is your definition of epic meltdown?

0-5 for sure, but what about 2-3 with a blowout loss to Michigan? After watching us play this year its clear that we're not that good, so i wouldn't really consider 2-3 an epic meltdown at this point, but I do think it would cost Bo his job. I think 3-2 or 2-3 is the most likely outcome from here on out.

What is your definition of epic meltdown?

0-5 for sure, but what about 2-3 with a blowout loss to Michigan? After watching us play this year its clear that we're not that good, so i wouldn't really consider 2-3 an epic meltdown at this point, but I do think it would cost Bo his job. I think 3-2 or 2-3 is the most likely outcome from here on out.

It's hard to define a meltdown before it happens. Some people might consider two blowout losses worse than four closely fought losses.

I won't be at all surprised if Bo is head coach for Nebraska at this point next season.

It's not a matter or whether or not I feel he's a capable coach. There are business decisions to be made. And I'm simply one chimp in a cage full of HuskerMax chimps. Yes, you are all simple primates who screech quite a bit. That makes us family. My tail is the longest, but we are all chimps. HuskerMax will not determine Bo's outcome.

monkeys_fling_poo2.jpg

It's hard to define a meltdown before it happens. Some people might consider two blowout losses worse than four closely fought losses.

I understand everyone has a different definition, was just curious what you thought. This is a very average team IMO and will be playing similarly talented teams, so a meltdown in my eyes would be 0-5 or 1-4 with several blowouts. I think Bo has to not only avoid a meltdown, but has to play above-average (.500+) from here on out.

As an ex-coach (and legendary one at that) Tom had a unique perspective. I doubt that it's common for AD's to sit down with coaches and outline different win-loss scenarios and how they might impact job security. It's obvious to everyone that Bo is coaching for his job in November. I don't think he needs to be told by the AD.

I also think the worst possible scenario is for Bo to be forced to change up his staff. Is Shawn going to hire the replacements for him? Maybe give him a pre-approved list to choose from? It was a bad idea back in 2002, and it's a bad idea now. If someone on the staff isn't getting the job done, it's on Bo to make a change. He shouldn't need to be forced.

I understand everyone has a different definition, was just curious what you thought. This is a very average team IMO and will be playing similarly talented teams, so a meltdown in my eyes would be 0-5 or 1-4 with several blowouts. I think Bo has to not only avoid a meltdown, but has to play above-average (.500+) from here on out.

Here is what I would consider a meltdown:

1. Going 0-5
2. Going 1-4 and not being competitive in the losses
3. Going 2-3 with multiple blowout losses (21+ point spreads)

I would be surprised if Pelini is fired with a 3-2 record or better.

Last edited:

Here is what I would consider a meltdown:

1. Going 0-5
2. Going 1-4 and not being competitive in the losses
3. Going 2-3 with multiple blowout losses (21+ point spreads)

I would be surprised if Pelini is fired with a 3-2 record or better.
Sadly, even if he goes 3-2, the three wins will most likely be against unranked teams. We should win those games against anyway for pete's sake. If they end up 8-4 or 9-3, how many of those wins would have been against top 25 teams? Probably none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back