• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Harper Murray

I really was trying to avoid coming back here and commenting, but there were obvious signs something was wrong. Don't know what's going, hope she gets help, but honestly I have never put athletes on pedestals. I don't care about here athletically I care about her personally. If she never plays volleyball again but becomes a productive member of society then it's a win.
Kinda have a feeling she will be back.

Yeah, not smart, but who hasn't done dumb things when they were in college? I know I did plenty of dumb things.

She should apologize, accept whatever punishment the city and the university decide to give her, and then move on. Assuming this doesn't happen again, people will forget about this in a month.
Unfortunately some people don't let you forget

The .169 could be three beers for some people folks. I’m not saying a state of .169 inebriation is ok but I can say from experience that it doesn’t take much to whack up the BAC. My roommate way back when was in the police academy and had a buddy who brought over a breathylyzer doohickey one night when we all went out. I was 310 lbs and could usually handle 20 beers in a day/night of drinking and not seem real bombed (Miller Lites so that explains it). I drank my first beer that night in about 10 minutes and then promptly blew a .09 and wasn’t remotely “drunk”. After a few more hours and 15 more or so, I blew a .11.
Again, I’m not defending Murray’s actions here, she really screwed up. But I always take the BAC numbers with a slight grain of salt. Now, these stories you see where someone is asleep on the freeway and blows a .28 or whatever, that’s a whole different story.
What’s my point? I have no idea.
She is very thin and it wouldn't take much to blow a .015 or whatever.
But remember, s he was obnoxious and physical, as well.
That does not bode well.
I am not judging her. Just trying to explain her problem. I hope she comes out of this in a good way.

Last edited:
The .169 could be three beers for some people folks. I’m not saying a state of .169 inebriation is ok but I can say from experience that it doesn’t take much to whack up the BAC. My roommate way back when was in the police academy and had a buddy who brought over a breathylyzer doohickey one night when we all went out. I was 310 lbs and could usually handle 20 beers in a day/night of drinking and not seem real bombed (Miller Lites so that explains it). I drank my first beer that night in about 10 minutes and then promptly blew a .09 and wasn’t remotely “drunk”. After a few more hours and 15 more or so, I blew a .11.
Again, I’m not defending Murray’s actions here, she really screwed up. But I always take the BAC numbers with a slight grain of salt. Now, these stories you see where someone is asleep on the freeway and blows a .28 or whatever, that’s a whole different story.
What’s my point? I have no idea.
She is very thin and it wouldn't take much to blow 1.20 or whatever

With friends, NIL $, get a driver. Have a hard time with people not thinking ahead of time! Hope she works something out for the best. But……..
. . . . what works for the best might not be what she wants or what you and I would like to see happen. We will know the answer to that in 15 to 20 years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back