• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Harper Murray

I agree I don't think she would be willing to sit a year, she could go anywhere.

Saw a deal on Facebook where someone was interviewing Cook while at Kearney and he asked about Murray. Cook said not much he could say a lot of it was out of his hands. When asked something else I couldn't quite make out Cook said, at this time I'd hope she's finishing her finals.
Yep, coach says it's out of his hands now, but if coach says HE wants her to stay, there are those that would listen to him.

I would like to see her stay, but with consequences. Because of her former status (before her recent legal problems), a lot of young Nebraska girls looked up to her. A Public Service Announcement of coming clean, show some remorse, while attending some prescribed professional help programs. She would also have maintain her school work and practice schedule, with the possibility of reduced playing time. I want to see her kept busy and on a short leash.

About transferring, does UNL have to sign off before a student is allowed to transfer? I really don't know. A refusal of right to transfer can keep her in line while getting a second chance to shine again.

But then again, I may be completely off base with this line of thinking . . . . .

I would like to see her stay, but with consequences. Because of her former status (before her recent legal problems), a lot of young Nebraska girls looked up to her. A Public Service Announcement of coming clean, show some remorse, while attending some prescribed professional help programs. She would also have maintain her school work and practice schedule, with the possibility of reduced playing time. I want to see her kept busy and on a short leash.

About transferring, does UNL have to sign off before a student is allowed to transfer? I really don't know. A refusal of right to transfer can keep her in line while getting a second chance to shine again.

But then again, I may be completely off base with this line of thinking . . . . .

I believe players now have unlimited transfers as long as they are maintaining appropriate academic progress.

In the end I really think it's what will be best for her in the long run. You never want to lose a player, but I'd say we are deep enough her place can be filled with little or no drop off. Depth would be the biggest loss.

So if they decide to let her stay, I'd say Cook is thinking more about what's best for her than the team, they will be fine with or without her. And I do agree this can be a great opportunity to help educate the young girls that look up to the players, something that would also help Murray.

In the end I really think it's what will be best for her in the long run. You never want to lose a player, but I'd say we are deep enough her place can be filled with little or no drop off. Depth would be the biggest loss.

So if they decide to let her stay, I'd say Cook is thinking more about what's best for her than the team, they will be fine with or without her. And I do agree this can be a great opportunity to help educate the young girls that look up to the players, something that would also help Murray.
Skyler might be just the player to replace her though it is early days.

She is a dang good player, but you are not above the law. Follow the law, be a good student, and a good citizen, or leave!

Cook has shown he will have the talent to replace her, or he will bring it in to replace her.

I am at a loss for why she would think doing that is ok! is it social media? Don't know, but I am sure social media isn't helping this kind of attitude.

She is a dang good player, but you are not above the law. Follow the law, be a good student, and a good citizen, or leave!

Cook has shown he will have the talent to replace her, or he will bring it in to replace her.

I am at a loss for why she would think doing that is ok! is it social media? Don't know, but I am sure social media isn't helping this kind of attitude.
Kids do dumb things at times! I wonder if Scheels is pressing charges. All I see on the news is the DUI.

Finding a life balance in a high pressure, competitive world is something most people struggle with over the long haul. Expecting youngsters to master it regardless of what life has dealt them is one hell of a burden to carry and overcome depending on the circumstances. Negotiating the ins and outs requires some pretty dedicated (and loving) people. I think the University and Coach Cook are up to it. It will take time and commitment from all and a positive outcome is a credit to Nebraska. In the meantime, pray Harper's actions aren't detrimental to her or others.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back