• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Harper Murray

As good as Ms. Murray is, the fact that Krause is back and Landfair (former All-American, 3 time All Big Ten) is coming in it probably will be good for her to redshirt this year. A year to mature in all aspects of life, wouldn’t be a bad idea. Of course transferring out could happen too. Not that any Husker fans want to see that happen.
I don't get the sense that Murray is interested in sitting out a year. If the Nebraska staff try and force her to sit out a year, I would bet that she would transfer out. She could be a starter next year at just about any program in the country.

I don't get the sense that Murray is interested in sitting out a year. If the Nebraska staff try and force her to sit out a year, I would bet that she would transfer out. She could be a starter next year at just about any program in the country.
I agree I don't think she would be willing to sit a year, she could go anywhere.

Saw a deal on Facebook where someone was interviewing Cook while at Kearney and he asked about Murray. Cook said not much he could say a lot of it was out of his hands. When asked something else I couldn't quite make out Cook said, at this time I'd hope she's finishing her finals.

I agree I don't think she would be willing to sit a year, she could go anywhere.

Saw a deal on Facebook where someone was interviewing Cook while at Kearney and he asked about Murray. Cook said not much he could say a lot of it was out of his hands. When asked something else I couldn't quite make out Cook said, at this time I'd hope she's finishing her finals.
If it is out of John Cook's hands, that means the AD has taken over the case. I don't think that is likely to be good news for Harper Murray.

I agree, but where and how much would she play with Taylor and Lindsay fighting for the Outside position? That’s one crowded position with three potentially All-American players, was that stressing her out?

Last edited:
If it is out of John Cook's hands, that means the AD has taken over the case. I don't think that is likely to be good news for Harper Murray.
It's possible Cook is referencing the legal system to see what comes from there first. With a new AD in place I'd have to believe he's not going to do anything without a lot of input from Cook. In fact as new as he is, it may come down to what Cook feels is the best thing to do for everyone concerned.

It's possible Cook is referencing the legal system to see what comes from there first. With a new AD in place I'd have to believe he's not going to do anything without a lot of input from Cook. In fact as new as he is, it may come down to what Cook feels is the best thing to do for everyone concerned.

Don’t forget that upper university administration will also have input. There are a lot of moving parts in this situation.

Don’t forget that upper university administration will also have input. There are a lot of moving parts in this situation.
True, of course the president is even newer than the AD. But yes much of the input as to what needs to be done will come from the administrative level. In the end I think Cook will have a lot of influence how things come out.

I’d suspend her for the year with conditions and criteria she would have to meet to return. She will likely transfer and that’s fine.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back