• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Harper Murray

.169, who hasn't driven under the influence but dang, 19 years old and .169, some big punishment coming her way.
Yeah, not smart, but who hasn't done dumb things when they were in college? I know I did plenty of dumb things.

She should apologize, accept whatever punishment the city and the university decide to give her, and then move on. Assuming this doesn't happen again, people will forget about this in a month.

Yeah, not smart, but who hasn't done dumb things when they were in college? I know I did plenty of dumb things.

She should apologize, accept whatever punishment the city and the university decide to give her, and then move on. Assuming this doesn't happen again, people will forget about this in a month.
We have hashed and rehashed on this board these types of discussions. Here is my thought. These athletes today are different than years ago. Once they started getting paid they are asking to be treated differently. True this will be forgotten in a month if it even takes that long. But my belief is they should be held to a higher standard. Not saying she should be flogged in the public square but serious consequences need to be in play here.

Again, my concern, she blew a .169 and was still able to function, apparently not great, but still able to function.

We have hashed and rehashed on this board these types of discussions. Here is my thought. These athletes today are different than years ago. Once they started getting paid they are asking to be treated differently. True this will be forgotten in a month if it even takes that long. But my belief is they should be held to a higher standard. Not saying she should be flogged in the public square but serious consequences need to be in play here.

Again, my concern, she blew a .169 and was still able to function, apparently not great, but still able to function.
There will certainly be consequences. At the very least, the city police will force her to pay a fine and suspend her driver's license for some amount of time. I would guess John Cook will enforce some kind of internal disciplinary action. The University may enforce some kind of disciplinary action too, though I don't know what that might be.

There will certainly be consequences. At the very least, the city police will force her to pay a fine and suspend her driver's license for some amount of time. I would guess John Cook will enforce some kind of internal disciplinary action. The University may enforce some kind of disciplinary action too, though I don't know what that might be.
I'm sure you are right and we as the public don't really need to know. I just hope she has learned.

Wonder if she'll be held out of the U21 National team this summer.

Wonder if she'll be held out of the U21 National team this summer.
Maybe. I don't know how the USA Volleyball program factors in things like personal misconduct when making lineup choices. Of more immediate concern is whether she will be allowed to suit up for the Spring match on May 4th against the University of Denver. I wouldn't be surprised if she sits that match.

It won’t go away in a month. She still catches social media nastiness for her post-natty presser. It will go through the roof now for some time. Opposing fans in the fall will come up with chants, etc. I just hope she can weather the storm and learn from it.
And, for better or worse, rightly or wrongly, NU VB players are seen as role models for younger girls in a way that seems different than male college athletes. Unclear how this affects that.

My long term observation on humanity is we're all more fragile than our pretense allows us to be. At points reality comes to the forefront and I'm a poor judge of what or why. So, I've tried to adapt truth and grace as the way forward. It usually works but is making me darn humble in my old age.

My long term observation on humanity is we're all more fragile than our pretense allows us to be. At points reality comes to the forefront and I'm a poor judge of what or why. So, I've tried to adapt truth and grace as the way forward. It usually works but is making me darn humble in my old age.

I am glad that no one was hurt. She made a mistake and we all hope she learns from this situation.

I hope she gets everything straightened out and has the support she needs. I will not judge her one way or another because we all make mistakes…most not in the public spotlight.

Last edited:

If the details reported are true, she will be a lucky young lady if she if she is not dismissed from the team; speaking from experience.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back