• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hard to believe

Huskers have losing to less talented teams for years imo. When's the last time we upset a highly ranked team? That screams we've been under achievers as opposed to teams like Iowa State, NW and many others imo. It's really infuriating to see the Huskers losing to some of BIG teams we're lost to the past several years. No way many of those teams actually had more talent at least from a recruiting standpoint. When that's happening I first and foremost look at the coaching staff and not the players.

I'm all for giving HCSF all the time needed to build another winning tradition at Nebraska. Having said that I also expect to see some positive results and AT LEAST making some bowl games. To have 3 losing seasons in a row is not acceptable at program like Nebraska. I want to see not just better playing but lets gets more W's this season. We have a tough schedule but that's why HCSF is paid the big bucks. We really need to win some we're not supposed to win.

Last edited:

When we came into the Big Ten we may have been seen as close to equal but that was as much about short term circumstances and transition on Ohio State's part. They still had a more talented roster than we did, and that was when we still had a pretty good group ourselves.

But OSU is a different beast altogether now. For whatever reason the top prospects inclination to group together at just a few top programs has become more pronounced over the last decade. OSU, along with 2-3 other programs, have just insane rosters now.

Those schools are sending them to the NFL at the highest %, and that is what it has become all about. It is not 1995 anymore, unfortunately.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back