• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Harbaugh

The thing with Harbaugh is that he seems so ADHD that it's entirely possible that that's what he thought she was there to talk about. I'm curious what he'll say in response. The guy is a frickin' enigma if ever there was one. Yeah, it's definitely possible that he just wanted to get rid of a scholarship player who wasn't producing, but it's also possible that he was just clueless. You've seen him at press conferences. Is it so hard to believe that he responds like that in a 1-on-1 situation, too?

The thing with Harbaugh is that he seems so ADHD that it's entirely possible that that's what he thought she was there to talk about. I'm curious what he'll say in response. The guy is a frickin' enigma if ever there was one. Yeah, it's definitely possible that he just wanted to get rid of a scholarship player who wasn't producing, but it's also possible that he was just clueless. You've seen him at press conferences. Is it so hard to believe that he responds like that in a 1-on-1 situation, too?
Absolutely not. Definitely needs to learn to ask probing questions in a situation like that. I could see where a parent in that situation would feel that he does not care about your kid.

Heard Harbaugh on the radio today say that the McCaffrey kid at Michigan will be splitting time this season at QB with starter Shea Patterson.

Last edited:
Heard Harbaugh on the radio today say that the McCaffrey kid at Michigan will be splitting time this season at QB with starter Shea Patterson.
I periodically check out what they're saying on the Michigan media sites, and it's a popular thought over there that McCaffrey is the better QB, overall, but now especially in a spread, hurry-up offense. Both QBs played that system in high school, and both like it, but McCaffrey is the better runner, and he has a stronger arm.

He better beat OSU this year or his seat is going to be very hot.
In that rivalry if you let the other side win too many you are gone. Just look at John Cooper. He was 111-43-4. Unfortunately for him in 13 years he only beat MI twice.

In that rivalry if you let the other side win too many you are gone. Just look at John Cooper. He was 111-43-4. Unfortunately for him in 13 years he only beat MI twice.
Besides Nebraska's dominance, it's the 2nd thing about 90s college football that I most miss. Every year Michigan would be an also-ran team, which drove their fans nuts, but they'd beat Ohio State, which drove their fans nuts: win-win for me.

I think that it would be an interesting human psychology study to measure how much pleasure college football fans take from 1) winning versus 2) winning while watching teams you don't like lose. Because I was born in '71 I was too young to know how annoying Ohio State and Michigan fans are until the '95 Ohio State fans were whining that they should be #1 (until Michigan beat them ... again), and then Michigan fans were convinced that they were better than Nebraska in '97. I was rooting for Ohio State against Miami in 2002 because I hated Miami, only to discover afterwards that Ohio State fans are probably worse. I was rooting for Florida to beat them in 2006, only to discover that I hated them afterwards. I don't think that it's possible to be happy as a college football fan unless there's some sort of '95 Nebraska season that has a sort of Game of Thrones quality to it where you've won, and everybody else had to die.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back