• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Guitar nerds unite!

Another thing I've been working on, not being so heavy handed. I'd kill for a light touch but I'm more of a mangler. I'm not a giant fan of jazz guitar (although I think they're some of the most talented players around) but I saw this video the other day from Julian Lage (prodigy/supremely skilled in many genres/etc) and his soft touch blew my mind. I mean, he's barely even fretting the notes.:Eek:

Interesting. I've been working on my heavy-handedness, as well. I like the more structured jazz stuff. Not a huge fan of free form jazz where everyone goes off on different tangents and miraculously arrives at the same place.

Interesting. I've been working on my heavy-handedness, as well. I like the more structured jazz stuff. Not a huge fan of free form jazz where everyone goes off on different tangents and miraculously arrives at the same place.

Yeah, I like the more straight ahead, motif-based Wes Montgomery and Grant Green stuff more than the free form stuff.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back