• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Guess who I fist bumped yesterday?

Probably my best celerity interview was Jack Nicklaus.

maxnicklaus.jpg

https://www.huskermax.com/interviews/Jack_Nicklaus/

Coming from where? Second question, ever make it down to Danny K’s in orange because I feel like that might be in our future. It’s a husker watch site.

San Diego.

Heard of Danny K's but have not been there. I think it is about 2 hours away.

C

I worked at the Toronto Airport for 35 years. Had the pleasure of chatting with some really nice people. Of course Wayne Gretzky was a thrill and Guy Lafleur. Met Mohammed Ali, he was by himself at the far end of the airport with no one around. One of my favourite’s was Doug Flutie. He was flying home to Boston after the Stampeders season. After about 15 minutes I had to say, sorry Doug I have to go work a flight. Most are very nice if your polite.

Heres an odd one:

I was in Vegas for the Rahman/Lennox Lewis fight back in 2000(?). At a post-fight party I somehow managed to share a table with Christian Slater. Somehow got an invite to join and tag along with him and a few of his buddies to a club at the Rio. Good dude.
Now that one would have been neat.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back