• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Green was huge! Now that he is N who is the next 3 biggest Targets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerInHuntingtonBeach

Recruit
5 Year Member
Either by Stars or by our 3 biggest needs at this point?

I am hooked on this recruiting stuff can't help it and I am only a subscriber to Huskermax.com so I can never get information that isn't posted on here.

Thanks for any help you can provide:)

Cyrus Hobbi is a big one and I would say alot of the focus will be on him. It would round out a very good O line class one of the top in the nation IMHO. Then Jackson and Lyons? sorry best I can do from my phone.

There are alot of targets left, and very few spots. In my mind I think Braylon Heard qualifying would be our biggest gain! But outside of him I think alot of people would agree that maybe the next big target would be Cyrus Hobbi, and offensive guard from Arizona. But a couple other names to watch for are Charles Jackson db, Wayne Lyons s, and James Adeyanju de. Oh and wr Patrick Onwuasor!

Last edited:
I think Mickey Johnson should be near the top of our list. He is a very good DT prospect. Think he could be a real good DT at the next level. IMHO of course. He would be tops on my list with Hobbi close behind.

My wish list to finish out the class would be:

Charles Jackson
Wayne Lyons
Cyrus Hobbi,
Mickey Johnson
1 or 2 of the DEs high on NU (Jesse Hayes, DeVante Wilson, James Adeyanju and Lake Koa-Ka'ai)
Braylon Heard

Looks like quite a wish list but I don't think it would be impossible for us to land most of those guys. Not that my vibes count for much but I like what I hear about where we are with Jackson and Hobbi. Lyons and Johnson seem like they may be harder to pluck out SEC country but we are in the running. Heard is a test score away and I think that the DE's will come it jsut a matter of who. I could easily see us getting 5 of those guys and may even go 6 for 6 or 7 for 7.

I think an extra quality WR (Onwuasor) might be more important than two DE's based on all the DE's we took last year.

I would say that the top three players on the Huskers' board right now are:

1. OL, Cyrus Hobbi from Arizona. (Nebraska, Oregon State, Washington, Michigan, Arizona State)
2. DL, Mickey Johnson from Louisiana. (reportedly between Nebraska and UCLA)
3. DB, Charles Jackson from Texas. (reportedly between Nebraska and Arkansas)

DE DeVante Wilson (California), DL Todd Peat (Arizona) and DL Christian Heyward (California) are three other top players who happen to play on the DL, and are high on Nebraska as well.

Wayne Lyons is a HUGE longshot in my estimation.

I think an extra quality WR (Onwuasor) might be more important than two DE's based on all the DE's we took last year.

Yeah, I meant to include Onwuasor on the list and would rather have him and one DE than two DEs. Regardless, we have a great class and some good players still interested. The program is getting stronger with every recruiting class.

On a related note, anyone heard how the DEs from last year are looking in practice? We could really benefit from some strong play from those guys next year.

I would say that the top three players on the Huskers' board right now are:

1. OL, Cyrus Hobbi from Arizona. (Nebraska, Oregon State, Washington, Michigan, Arizona State)
2. DL, Mickey Johnson from Louisiana. (reportedly between Nebraska and UCLA)
3. DB, Charles Jackson from Texas. (reportedly between Nebraska and Arkansas)

DE DeVante Wilson (California), DL Todd Peat (Arizona) and DL Christian Heyward (California) are three other top players who happen to play on the DL, and are high on Nebraska as well.

Wayne Lyons is a HUGE longshot in my estimation.

Sounds about right to me, although based on our current OL class, I would like to see Johnson before Hobbi. I would also really like to see Peat as I love his explosion off the line. Maybe I'm wrong, but Onwuasor almost seems like he could be ours if we really push for him? Once Allen made his decision, we may be looking for another position? A TE instead perhaps?

Those are good sugestions on recruitng targets. The challenge it seems is to keep the ones that have committed and that they all will qualify.

Bryan Munson spoke about that on USC and said he expected us to take one more LB.....

Hobbi for obvious reason is the top guy left on the board.....thinks Givens-Price will be "N" if Hobbi doesn't commit, although he said it wouldn't surprise him if we took two more O-linemen....

Another LB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back