• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Green and Black Questions

Farmer Jake

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Do the green shirts go away this week? I would hate to see the quarterbacks go to a live game never having taken a hit in any practice during the fall. I agree with the old saying about everything was going well until you get punched in the face. These QBs need to get used to that "punch" before Saturday.

I know this has been discussed, but will blackshirts be handed out this week, now that the starters have been named? I do also believe in what the blackshirts meant in the beginning, before they were the Blackshirts. The blackshirts are given to the starters and can change from day to day. What the coaches have given, the coaches can take away (as it should be).

Do the green shirts go away this week? I would hate to see the quarterbacks go to a live game never having taken a hit in any practice during the fall. I agree with the old saying about everything was going well until you get punched in the face. These QBs need to get used to that "punch" before Saturday.

I know this has been discussed, but will blackshirts be handed out this week, now that the starters have been named? I do also believe in what the blackshirts meant in the beginning, before they were the Blackshirts. The blackshirts are given to the starters and can change from day to day. What the coaches have given, the coaches can take away (as it should be).
You will almost never see QBs hit in practice at the college or pro level. too much at stake this close to the season.

I'm a believer in the QB's taking some hits in the fall, but the window where you'd want to do that is closed IMO.

Perhaps Schick and Nick could bring back their press-conference blackshirts question robot this morning. It works for the EOD guys

Last edited:
I don't think they need the practice getting hit. I realize this is a different level than what they are used to but after the first hit in a live game they will be as familiar with it as they need to.

I think they go full contact. I heard on a local talk show Nebraska and Alabama are one of the few that do.

I know that the QB will have different expectations once they get into a game. I hope that AM is able to still be elusive, but not in the 7-on-7 touch football way he looked in Spring. I would rather he not get hurt and/or turn the football over from waving it around. I suspect he'll be fine. Just one of those things that you notice, I guess.

No way will they take the green jersey off him in practice. Especially now. In the games he’d better be sliding or getting out of bounds instead of taking unnecessary hits.

Considering all the changes since I asked the questions yesterday, another question. Do the jerseys (green, home red, and away white) come in a heavy duty bubble wrap style?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back