• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Great video. Just dropped on social media.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

What about fathers and daughters, or mothers and sons, or mothers and daughters?
"Fathers and sons" was acknowledgement that there is a special relationship between fathers who played and sons who will play. Sad that we can't recognize that relationship without feeling that we've slighted someone else.

"Fathers and sons" was acknowledgement that there is a special relationship between fathers who played and sons who will play. Sad that we can't recognize that relationship without feeling that we've slighted someone else.
I agree, I don't see the slight. I think the quote was about fathers and sons sharing their first game experience together. I don't see any issue with that, as it is more of the norm. I loved the video, got me hyped in a different way than other 'hype' videos, but that's just me. That kid in the video on his dad's shoulders, that was me as a kid. I also remember my dad carrying me on the field when the goal posts were coming down. I don't remember the year because I was so young, but some of those vague memories are still etched.

I agree, I don't see the slight. I think the quote was about fathers and sons sharing their first game experience together. I don't see any issue with that, as it is more of the norm. I loved the video, got me hyped in a different way than other 'hype' videos, but that's just me. That kid in the video on his dad's shoulders, that was me as a kid. I also remember my dad carrying me on the field when the goal posts were coming down. I don't remember the year because I was so young, but some of those vague memories are still etched.

I am sure my daughter remembers her first football game with me too. I know I remember it well. Our relationship is just as special as anyone else's even though she won't play football, but I don't think that is what the quote was about. Good video, just thought it was funny they single out fathers and sons.

C

I am sure my daughter remembers her first football game with me too. I know I remember it well. Our relationship is just as special as anyone else's even though she won't play football, but I don't think that is what the quote was about. Good video, just thought it was funny they single out fathers and sons.

C
I appreciate your point. My sisters are huge Husker fans to this day because of my parents. We attended games as a family across the Big 8 venues and bowl games. Their experience is just as valid, I just don't see getting offended by one quote in a video. And you know by my posts I'm very inclusive.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back