• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Great Job Mickey and Staff!

The thing that jumped out at me during the game was we finally have a head coach with some real enthusiasm. Not to mention that that energy carried over to the players. It started to look like a broken record. The team came out blazing on the first drive, the defense looked ready, then the same old attitude came back..."see how good we are? That first drive was easy so this will be a cake walk". But we finally have a coaching staff that can build a fire under a team.

The thing that jumped out at me during the game was we finally have a head coach with some real enthusiasm. Not to mention that that energy carried over to the players. It started to look like a broken record. The team came out blazing on the first drive, the defense looked ready, then the same old attitude came back..."see how good we are? That first drive was easy so this will be a cake walk". But we finally have a coaching staff that can build a fire under a team.
Yes! The staff would not accept the way it was. They demanded of their efforts. Mickey got after them. And the team responded. Success breeds success. Winning breeds winning. Now the hard part, consistency. Can they do it again against Rutgers.

Except if any other coaching staff fielded a team with 12 penalties for 111 it would be suggested that it’s an undisciplined team and that falls on the coach. :Popcorn:
Yeah but... (don't know if you forgot the sarcasm emoji)

A lot of those penalties were guys giving full effort but just getting a little out of control. Many stupid ones, sure. But they're basically in a whole new system; there will be some rough spots. And Mickey addressed it appropriately after the game. Easier and better to "bring guys down a notch" than to have to get them fired up (like it seems we've struggled with for 7 years).

I saw a coach who was humble, giving credit to others, and taking all the blame for any mistakes or shortcomings. A coach genuinely happy for what his PLAYERS accomplished. And no hubris or trying to prove he's the smartest guy in the room.

I liked his response when asked about subbing in Chubba. "That's how Coach Osborne used to do it..."

Sure it's only one game, but... I think Mickey "gets it."

Except if any other coaching staff fielded a team with 12 penalties for 111 it would be suggested that it’s an undisciplined team and that falls on the coach. :Popcorn:
Geez, are you “the guy who’s got to find something negative in the vastness of all this positivity?”

Even you have to admit that this was a poorly officiated game … many of the penalties were unnecessary. I also like MJ’s response at his press conference, it will be a focus and his view on non-moving penalties.

Geez, are you “the guy who’s got to find something negative in the vastness of all this positivity?”

Even you have to admit that this was a poorly officiated game … many of the penalties were unnecessary. I also like MJ’s response at his press conference, it will be a focus and his view on non-moving penalties.
That crew is always flag happy.bb

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back