• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Grade the hire:

grade the hire

• A

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • B

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • C

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • D

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

that's seems like a good way to put it, only this guy will not come out of the gate claiming a plan to play baseline to baseline. What is most reassuring to me is that Tom knows about recruiting well and stated at the beginning of the search that he wanted to hear the candidates plans for recruiting, i hope he found a man with a plan.

The Rams went undefeated at home this season and defeated three top 25 teams, and how did we do in this department this year?? Just asking?

SBHusker:889572 said:
The Rams went undefeated at home this season and defeated three top 25 teams, and how did we do in this department this year?? Just asking?

With knowing absolutely NOTHING of the guy I would give it a B+ based solely off the above stated. Is there something i don't know about the guy that I should??? I see a D and im thinking I might be out of the loop.

Where's the "Too early to tell" option? :Biggrin:

While Groce was my top pick, Miles was on my list of coaches I thought NU should look at. If he can bring in Coleman and truly fleshes out his staff with coaches that have Big Ten ties, that will be a huge start.

I don't quite get all of the "Doc 2.0" talk. Miles has been a head coach for what - 17 years - and has trended upwards at each stop. Doc was a head man for just two years at UTEP and maintained what Gillispie established.

Miles sounds energetic, passionate, and I saw some mentions earlier that he wanted the job and to be here. Those are big benefits in my book.

Now, if someone had a poll to grade the 'process,' I might weigh in with a lower grade and that is not a knock on Miles. (He can't control what the Ath Dept does.) I think they should have at least made a hard press on Groce once Ohio got bounced and I think they may have overpaid for Miles. Time will tell on that front, however.

I'm excited to have Miles as HC and will be rooting for success. He has a long road ahead as next season will be very difficult IMO. He might have another first year at a program with a winless conference record as he inherits another fine mess.

Is Danny Manning even the top assistant @ Kansas ?

B- for my grade

IMO, hiring Manning would have been worse than hiring Miles. Miles is a good hire. We know Miles has what it takes to lead a team full of his recruits to the NCAA's. We know very little on Manning, other than he looks good sitting on the bench next Self.

Somebody that covers Colorado St. was on the radio yesterday and stated that Miles was building his resume and style to coach in the Big Ten. The expectation by that reporter was that Miles would be coaching Minnesota when Tubby Smith moved on, but Minnesota decided to keep Tubby for another year and Nebraska got there first.

Miles has a plan. He has a recruiter on his staff that comes from AAU ball and the team he was involved with has players that are on the cusp of being available to Div. I schools. Perhaps this will work out as a positive for Nebraska.

Miles has a plan. His growth has shown at every program he's been and it's shown on the court as he's continued to climb the ladder.

Looks like a guy with a plan. Looks like a guy that was building his strengths to be successful at this level. His goal was to be a Big Ten coach.

Other tidbits that have been brought up on the radio this morning. Miles apparently brought up Eric Strickland's name during the interview process. Sounds like he's done his homework.

I'm looking forward to seeing where our program is headed under Coach Miles.

Don't know. Have to wait and see. Osborne must see something in him. I wonder what people said the day devaney was hired.

Great hire considering.... considering the state of our program! Manning? Ive heard his name a couple times ON HERE, NOT from the nat'l media! Besides looking good in a zoot suit on the KU bench, what kind of coach is he??? Please, somebody find his resume and where he'd be a fit here.

I give the hire a C. If C is average then I think this hire epitomizes that. And not in a negative way. He is from a mid-major that would in all honestly probably drub NU this year. But, this his is still his first "big" job in a major conference. I think anybody coaching at the D1 level is a great coach and knows their profession well. I guess what separates bottom of the barrel and the top is the talent a coach can bring in and, once in place, can the coach get his players to play hard all of the time for him. Everywhere he has been, it appears he has improved the program, so hopefully he can do the same at NU.

GET TICKETS

Back