• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gold Cup Games Thread: USMNT v Panama (3rd-4th Place Final)

Like I said Doyle (as I know you are already aware of him) along with Bird are the best writers as they call it like they see it (much like Alexi Lalas)....a lot of the folks who were in the Klinsman camp are now done with him.

Gulati's backing of him yesterday have everybody I have talked from those working in the game (MLS) to just fans beyond baffled. And his explanation I read for his backing Klinsman makes him look like a clown who has no clue about the game what-so-ever. Its like the USMNT is being held hostage because Gulati can not bring himself to admit he made a COLOSSAL mistake when he hired and Klinsman. I've seen this sort of misguided loyalty before and it never ends up well for either person. Most recent case being the Pittsburgh Penguins last season. In the end both the GM and coach were canned. Somebody above Gulati (i.e. the CEO of US Soccer) had better wake up soon.

Nobody and I mean nobody should be surprised at what happened at the Gold Cup. Klinsman had been surviving on house money and it was just a matter of time before it all collapsed. Most people figured it out after the poor performance we had at the World Cup. However, some still wanted to believe and you know I understand in a wired sort of way. Its like the folks who stayed with Bo until the end, when the evidence just became to overwhelming. Sometimes its hard to admit that what was sold to you is not what you got. I have been there and done that myself. What makes this so frustrating is the head of US Soccer is living in a mushroom when its time to cut the line and move on. Its not going to get better. Kinsman is not capable of making it better. His only saving grace is we have a ridiculously easy (and I can't understate that) WCQ group. Even he can't screw that up.

Even if we are blessed to play in the Confederations Cup we will get out ass handed to us with this head coach in charge. It won't be friendly time when the likes of Germany and Chile show up.

And yeah the fitness fiasco is biting us in the ass. Its why Bessler is no longer on the team because he had the guts to speak up about it. While we are at it Feilhaber should be on this team too. The best playmaking veteran we have by far. He to is not on the team because of personal issues with Klinsman. Its why Donovan got cut loose. There is room for only one ego and one opinion on the USMNT and that is Jurgen Klinsman. Strong rumor is he has lost the locker room and the game against Panama seem to validate that. Its what ended his stay at B. Munich.

Jesus, I could copy the entire article. Apparently this stuff isn't lost on only us here.....

Lol. Not the first time any of us should have heard this.....

......in fact if one were to scroll back just a couple days ago.........................

Last edited:

That is the club youth and full team coaches job. Always has been and always will be. He is getting ready made players.

I also agree we have regressed under this coach. They made a fraction of the $$ he is being paid and as was pointed nowhere near the talent to work with. However, they were coaches who could actually coach. Both are still very successful at the club level too. What Bradley has done with this team in Norway has been nothing short of a miracle.

I understand some do not like Bradley. So be it. However, you can't argue about his coaching acumen. Same for Bruce Arena.

He's a coach. Nothing more. He doesn't develop these players. Why would anyone believe otherwise?

I thought this was worth sharing too.....in line with what we have talked about....a lot of people are getting it now.

Klinnsman was specifically brought in to identify young players, help our technique and improve our match tactics. He hasn't done much of that in the four years that he has been the manager.

The young players that Klinnsman has brought in that weren't already in MLS or part of an MLS academy have not panned out and our in match tactics are terrible. We have, though, improved our technique, but there is no consistency in the line up choices which causes nothing but confusion and needless anxie
To sum this up, I'm going to summarize the words of two famous coaches.
Klinnsman was specifically brought in to identify young players, help our technique and improve our match tactics. He hasn't done much of that in the four years that he has been the manager.

The young players that Klinnsman has brought in that weren't already in MLS or part of an MLS academy have not panned out and our in match tactics are terrible. We have, though, improved our technique, but there is no consistency in the line up choices which causes nothing but confusion and needless anxiety.

Bora Milutinovic once said that American boys can run, run, and run for days and never give up. JK seems very interested in conditioning, overly so to the point of injury, but as Bora said back in 1991, that has never been our problem. We lack in other areas and JK has failed in that department.

The great Celtics coach Red Auerbach once said that a good coach can know what's happening in the game and read it properly to make adjustments. He said that most coaches just sit there and don't know what the ***** is going on at all. That explains JK through and through. He is simply not a good in game manager. He's not even average.

I've seen no improvement or progression in our team. In fact, I think we are regressing and the players have quit on JK amongst all the tinkering, experimenting, insults, bizarre lineups and formations

http://www.mlssoccer.com/goldcup/20...nil-gulati-stands-behind-jurgen-klinsmann-fol
Bora Milutinovic once said that American boys can run, run, and run for days and never give up. JK seems very interested in conditioning, overly so to the point of injury, but as Bora said back in 1991, that has never been our problem. We lack in other areas and JK has failed in that department.

The great Celtics coach Red Auerbach once said that a good coach can know what's happening in the game and read it properly to make adjustments. He said that most coaches just sit there and don't know what the f*ck is going on at all. That explains JK through and through. He is simply not a good in game manager. He's not even average.

The young players that Klinnsman has brought in that weren't already in MLS or part of an MLS academy have not panned out and our in match tactics are terrible. We have, though, improved our technique, but there is no consistency in the line up choices which causes nothing but confusion and needless anxiety.

The great Celtics coach Red Auerbach once said that a good coach can know what's happening in the game and read it properly to make adjustments. He said that most coaches just sit there and don't know what the f*ck is going on at all. That explains JK through and through. He is simply not a good in game manager. He's not even average.

Klinnsman was specifically brought in to identify young players, help our technique and improve our match tactics. He hasn't done much of that in the four years that he has been the manager. Klinnsman was specifically brought in to identify young players, help our technique and improve our match tactics. He hasn't done much of that in the four years that he has been the manager.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back