• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Godzilla Minus One

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Don't Bother Runnin'...
5 Year Member
I caught this over the weekend on the re-release. I thought I was going to the "Minus Color" version, but it was the original release with English subtitles. Very good movie, where the humans actually have a story of struggle and growth instead of just destruction. But the destruction is very stressful and very well done, but not overboard. This was a low-budget movie ($15 million), and was great. Some of the effects are a touch chincy, and while my brain registered, I didn't care because the action and the story were compelling enough to where the SFX didn't matter.

Even if you aren't a Godzilla fan, check this movie out. I am watching more movies in their original language with subtitles and I understand the appreciation for that format, and I haven't seen the black and white version (yet), but overall, this movie can be for everyone, even the casual or non-fan. Recommended.

dave filoni of disney wooed the director of Minus One a few weeks ago by flying his team out to lucas ranch for a private screening of the film. hope this guy steers clear of disney and does his own thing.

i like the film threat reviews of movies/shows and they talk a bit about how the B&W version looks compared to the color version.

I caught this over the weekend on the re-release. I thought I was going to the "Minus Color" version, but it was the original release with English subtitles. Very good movie, where the humans actually have a story of struggle and growth instead of just destruction. But the destruction is very stressful and very well done, but not overboard. This was a low-budget movie ($15 million), and was great. Some of the effects are a touch chincy, and while my brain registered, I didn't care because the action and the story were compelling enough to where the SFX didn't matter.

Even if you aren't a Godzilla fan, check this movie out. I am watching more movies in their original language with subtitles and I understand the appreciation for that format, and I haven't seen the black and white version (yet), but overall, this movie can be for everyone, even the casual or non-fan. Recommended.
keep in mind that the visual effects did get nominated for a Oscar, and they are going up against movies with 200mil budgets. honestly for 15mil for the entire movie, this is fantastic.

keep in mind that the visual effects did get nominated for a Oscar, and they are going up against movies with 200mil budgets. honestly for 15mil for the entire movie, this is fantastic.
Yup, the movie was excellent. I don't have a problem with any of it. I'd love to see the minus-color version. I think it's still out this week, so I'll have to find a place that has it. Like I said, I thought I was going to the minus-color, but I guess not.

It almost reminds me of the modern Planet of the Apes movies. Even if you aren't a fan or even an OG fan, they are incredibly well done and very entertaining.

Last edited:
Yup, the movie was excellent. I don't have a problem with any of it. I'd love to see the minus-color version. I think it's still out this week, so I'll have to find a place that has it. Like I said, I thought I was going to the minus-color, but I guess not.

It almost reminds me of the modern Planet of the Apes movies. Even if you aren't a fan or even an OG fan, they are incredibly well done and very entertaining.
im not a fan of the new movies. they are predictable fear mongering where the original movie wasn't.

dave filoni of disney wooed the director of Minus One a few weeks ago by flying his team out to lucas ranch for a private screening of the film. hope this guy steers clear of disney and does his own thing.

i like the film threat reviews of movies/shows and they talk a bit about how the B&W version looks compared to the color version.

I love Film Threat

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back