• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

My store is located adjacent to a theater and across the street from another. They just recently opened back up but the problem was the films, most majors had delayed the release or went straight to stream.

The trailer looks good. Hopefully I can see it in a movie theater this summer. Does anyone else miss going to the movie theater. I know a ton of people would just rather stream a movie, but I like going to the theater.
Ditto.
For the most part, l like watching movies at home for the convenince of being able to control my own environment (ex: sound, pause, rewind, captions, amenities, no loudmouth jerks next to me, etc.), but I still really enjoy the experience of watching in a theater and try to go a few times a year.

Last edited:
I'd go to the theatre more if they produced better movies. They just don't seem to make as many movies that appeal to me anymore, like these:

Ghostbusters
Back to the future
Jurassic Park
Star Trek
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Batman
Die Hard
Terminator
Men in Black
Etc.

It seemed growing up there was at least 1 or 2 blockbusters every summer. There is still an occasional good movie but not very many that entice me to spend the time and money at they theatre. If they make a good product, I'll be there.

Edit: I should add that I've enjoyed the Marvel series alot. I just wish there were more.

We've been to 8 or 9 movies since Thanksgiving weekend. Our AMC Theater here in Salina, KS, opened up the week before. None have been even close to half capacity.

@Cyberbach ... It was well before COVID, but we have enjoyed a couple of movies at your theater in Beatrice on our way back from a Nebraska basketball and baseball game.

We've been to 8 or 9 movies since Thanksgiving weekend. Our AMC Theater here in Salina, KS, opened up the week before. None have been even close to half capacity.

@Cyberbach ... It was well before COVID, but we have enjoyed a couple of movies at your theater in Beatrice on our way back from a Nebraska basketball and baseball game.
Tag me next time you come through and I'll invite you in to the store for a primer before you go to the movie. :Cheers:

My store is located adjacent to a theater and across the street from another. They just recently opened back up but the problem was the films, most majors had delayed the release or went straight to stream.
I was in the one across from ya in 91(?) when a water pipe broke and the ceiling under the projection room collapsed.

Saw it when it came out in the fall. It was pretty good, nothing great but I enjoyed it.
I finally watched this last night.

I agree...it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

The first hour was really good. From then on it was mostly nostalgia and kind of a repeat of the first movie. But I still liked it. The film was dedicated to Harold Ramis and there were many subtle references to him, including the estrangement between him and Bill Murray, but you could tell he was loved and missed. The film was a great homage to him and the original movie. It was great to see all the original cast members even though their appearances were kinda cheesy

I finally watched this last night.

I agree...it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

The first hour was really good. From then on it was mostly nostalgia and kind of a repeat of the first movie. But I still liked it. The film was dedicated to Harold Ramis and there were many subtle references to him, including the estrangement between him and Bill Murray, but you could tell he was loved and missed. The film was a great homage to him and the original movie. It was great to see all the original cast members even though their appearances were kinda cheesy

in theaters march 29th 2024

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back