• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Get Team Jack on the Tunnel Walk for Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Feit

Recruit
10 Year Member
With the Team Jack Out coming up this weekend, I'd like to see if we can use the collective power of HuskerMax to make something really cool happen at the game:

During the Tunnel Walk, a Husker player comes on the screen and leads the crowd in the "GOOOO BIG RED" cheer. For the Wisconsin game, I'd love to see Jack (or Jack & Rex) leading the Memorial Stadium crowd in the cheer.

If you agree, I'd encourage you to shoot a quick email to the HuskerVision folks. (email addresses for the HuskerVision staff can be found at http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=3987)

Here is the email I sent this morning, for your copy and pasting pleasure:

Hello,

As you likely know, this week's game against Wisconsin is being promoted as a "Team Jack Out" with fans wearing Team Jack t-shirts to show their support for pediatric brain cancer and Rex Burkhead's favorite 6 year old, Jack Hoffman.

I know HuskerVision did an excellent piece on Jack during the Arkansas State game, but I have a suggestion for a great way to recognize Jack & Rex, while getting the Memorial Stadium crowd pumped up to take on the Badgers:

At the start of this year's Tunnel Walk video, a Husker comes on the screen and leads the crowd in the "GOOOOO BIG RED" cheer. I think for the Wisconsin game it would be awesome (and very inspirational) to have Jack Hoffman (or Jack & Rex Burkhead) leading the crowd in the GOOOOO BIG RED cheer.

I apologize for the short notice as the inspiration struck me during Saturday's Tunnel Walk, but I have faith that excellent HuskerVision crew can make this happen.

Thank you for your time and consideration.​

Great idea and done. If we get enough others writing to them, it would seem a no-brainer for this week. Certainly sets a nice example for visiting Big Ten fans and the media, to say nothing of the exposure little Jack's situation will generate.

Really a GREAT idea. We suggested to Husker Vision that they post the Iowa State- NU volleyball score a couple of weeks ago, and while we weren't happy with that score, they did post it on the ribbon board.

Hopefully, this request will be acknowledged and we will be seeing Jack and Rex up on the Big Screen during the Tunnel Walk presentation.

Got a response back from one of the HuskerVision guys:

Thanks for the emails everyone. We hope to be showing many Team Jack t-shirts on HuskerVision during the game.
What a great way to show support for pediatric brain cancer treatment and research. Thanks for all you do!
Go Big Red!
Kirk

Kirk Hartman
Executive Director Of Video Production
HuskerVision
University of Nebraska Athletics

I tell you what would be really awesome...

If the skybox owners would get organized and spell out TEAM JACK in their windows. I know there are skybox hosts and hostesses that are students. They should get behind something like this.

There are two rows of 21 (I think). The two middle boxes meet on the 50 (I know). Leave those two empty and the four to the left and right spell it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back