• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Georgia vs. Alabama National Championship game thread

Pretty vanilla first half. My unders and Alabama picks are looking good so far.

1641869758450.png

If Tom didn’t retire early, Nebraska keeps rolling. They were that far ahead of everyone else. Osborne had the formula down, like Saban does. Only difference is, Tom left early, while Saban just keeps going.
i dont think saban has the formula that Tom had, no one did more with less than Tom did. and he did it with class. saban was total crap at mich st and avg at best at LSU. if he had the same record at lsu now that he did back then, they would have fired him before he even won that natty. sabans reaping the benefits of the recruiting territory and ncaa rules more than anything.

I always hear how bama is the greatest team ever year after year, yet they always have close calls, losses, and never have any true adversity. did they every win a game against a top 10 team using their third string qb? nope..... did their starting qb get sidelined and didnt miss a beat? nope... they haven't shown any of the dominance of the mid 90s huskers.

sorry for the rant. everytime i hear saban is the greatest is just drives me crazy. :pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate:

i dont think saban has the formula that Tom had, no one did more with less than Tom did. and he did it with class. saban was total crap at mich st and avg at best at LSU. if he had the same record at lsu now that he did back then, they would have fired him before he even won that natty. sabans reaping the benefits of the recruiting territory and ncaa rules more than anything.

I always hear how bama is the greatest team ever year after year, yet they always have close calls, losses, and never have any true adversity. did they every win a game against a top 10 team using their third string qb? nope..... did their starting qb get sidelined and didnt miss a beat? nope... they haven't shown any of the dominance of the mid 90s huskers.

sorry for the rant. everytime i hear saban is the greatest is just drives me crazy. :pirate::pirate::pirate::pirate:
Saban does have the formula. And talent. Tom had the formula, and talent. So many people think tom was playing with recruiting classes in the 20’s and 30’s. He wasn’t. Nebraska had more than its share of talent.

Saban's winning percentage at Michigan State was the best since the 70s. Better than the 3 coaches prior and 2 coaches that followed. Best coaching tenure over a 27-year span. Four bowl games in five years, and a #7 finish in his final season. Not crap.

Saban was 49-16 at LSU. Won a national title -- the first for LSU since the 1950s.

I guess I'm not seeing the "crap" or "average at best" you are. :)

Saban's winning percentage at Michigan State was the best since the 70s. Better than the 3 coaches prior and 2 coaches that followed. Best coaching tenure over a 27-year span. Four bowl games in five years, and a #7 finish in his final season. Not crap.

Saban was 49-16 at LSU. Won a national title -- the first for LSU since the 1950s.

I guess I'm not seeing the "crap" or "average at best" you are. :)
People can say what they want, but Saban is literally the BEST college football coach of all time, he is the GOAT.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back