• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia locked in?

I've seen a number of posters voice concern about TG's weight but have yet to see any of the coaches mention it. I also know the McKenzie Milton played a whole year for UCF at 5' 11" and 165 - 177 (depending on source). I also witnessed Milton having learned to take the slide instead of the hit. I would think that Gebbia probably is smart enough (like Milton) to figure out that it is not in his best interests to take shots from 260 - 320 lb linemen traveling at a high rate of speed and being illusive enough to avoid that confrontation.

Bottom line is that I am not going to concern myself very much with that issue until I see some indication from SF, Mario or Duval about his "weight problem" being a factor in whether he is considered for the starting position.

I've seen a number of posters voice concern about TG's weight but have yet to see any of the coaches mention it. I also know the McKenzie Milton played a whole year for UCF at 5' 11" and 165 - 177 (depending on source). I also witnessed Milton having learned to take the slide instead of the hit. I would think that Gebbia probably is smart enough (like Milton) to figure out that it is not in his best interests to take shots from 260 - 320 lb linemen traveling at a high rate of speed and being illusive enough to avoid that confrontation.

Bottom line is that I am not going to concern myself very much with that issue until I see some indication from SF, Mario or Duval about his "weight problem" being a factor in whether he is considered for the starting position.
Yup!

His weight doesn't rule him out. But it's definitely a factor, especially when the other scholarship QB outweighs you by 40 pounds. Big advantage to AM in that category.

Great post PC!! You might even say it is a PC response. :Biggrin::p:Biggrin:

No idea who starts but I think TGs weight issue is way over stated. Weight does not = toughness or intelligence, which it seems TG has both. A QB at 205 can get hurt just like a qb at 175. Yea, it helps a little to add a little more strength, but its a minor issue at best.............a non issue at least. If TG doesnt start, it wont be because hes 20lbs lighter than we wish he was

No idea who starts but I think TGs weight issue is way over stated. Weight does not = toughness or intelligence, which it seems TG has both. A QB at 205 can get hurt just like a qb at 175. Yea, it helps a little to add a little more strength, but its a minor issue at best.............a non issue at least. If TG doesnt start, it wont be because hes 20lbs lighter than we wish he was
This guy and I agree with you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Flutie

Maybe a better representation of your agreements should say that "You" agree with Adam Carrikar rather than "Adam Carrikar and I agree". If you agree with someone most realistic Americans believe that there was actually a conversation between the two of you leading to the so called agreement.

Or better yet, since I was on the AM bandwagon before AC, I should say "Adam Carriker agrees with me".

Thanks for pointing that out!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Or on the other hand, I could say Adam Carriker agrees with me when he says....

I was projecting AM as our starter long before Carriker did... and pointed out the same AM assets he is pointing out...only long before he did.

I see no reason to play second fiddle to AC.
Of course you don't. :Banghead::Facepalm:

Or on the other hand, I could say Adam Carriker agrees with me when he says....

I was projecting AM as our starter long before Carriker did... and pointed out the same AM assets he is pointing out...only long before he did.

I see no reason to play second fiddle to AC.

Proverbs 27:2
Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips.

C

Gebbia is a privileged kid with a decade of personal training and coaching combined with slightly above average athletic ability. He has reached his ceiling. He won't be adding weight either. What you see is what you get. I think he is more than serviceable as a backup but not much more. AM has the goods.

Gebbia is a privileged kid with a decade of personal training and coaching combined with slightly above average athletic ability. He has reached his ceiling. He won't be adding weight either. What you see is what you get. I think he is more than serviceable as a backup but not much more. AM has the goods.
That is quite an assumption on your part. Here are a few people who might disagree with you. Quite a few QBs on that list benefited from a father that gave them personal training and coaching.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_second-generation_National_Football_League_players

I don't know anything about the 'privileged kid' smack, but the personal training and coaching are really the norm with quarterbacks headed to a D1 program.

I think AM starts if he's near 100% healthy. Its been a long time since the shoulder surgery. Interesting that every national talking head that has commented on this QB race points to AM based on the spring game and the fact that this is SF's recruit.

I think TG has a decent chance to start but it won't be because of his attitude...it will be because he is gives NU the best chance to win. Interviews are nice....TD's and Wins are what counts. One of the these boys will step up this fall and take control imo.

SF is building for the future and neither TG nor AM has real game experience so he's starting from scratch and has 3-4 years (barring injury or a newcomer superstar) with whoever he picks. I think he goes with his guy but we'll all know in a few months.

Either TG or AM can probably be successful and give the team the performance needed to win games. The thing people seem to forget is AM was recruited by SF, hand picked as a top priority by SF and the starter will be the one who impresses SF.....it would be a huge upset if AM doesn't start game one (barring injury). It is human nature to go with your first choice, and in this case, that is AM.

I don't know anything about the 'privileged kid' smack, but the personal training and coaching are really the norm with quarterbacks headed to a D1 program.
correct. Has been for at least 20 years. I would almost guarantee that AM had the same.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back