• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia, Lindsey and McQuitty came in together, ready for new beginning in 2018

It was interesting as I listened to these three talk through spring and after the spring game. They were three of the best gets in 2017, and all went through different experiences last season. Any one of them could have gone somewhere else, but couldn't pass up a chance to play for Frost. Saturday gave us a glimpse as to why they chose to stay. Enjoy!

http://www.klin.com/2018/04/23/gebb...-in-together-ready-for-new-beginning-in-2018/
Loved this quote.
‘No, Tristan! Just chill for a little bit.’ But Tristan, I love Tristan, because he’s always been on my head since I got here. You know, without Tristan, I wouldn’t be where I am, because he has that mentality to go 110 percent every time. He always wants to work.”
This is why I am starting to believe he will be the starter. He works hard.

Loved this quote.

This is why I am starting to believe he will be the starter. He works hard.

Love the kid, and yes he works hard. Hope he’s hitting the weights hard, too. Wish there was a way to simulate getting hit hard without risking injury.

Love the kid, and yes he works hard. Hope he’s hitting the weights hard, too. Wish there was a way to simulate getting hit hard without risking injury.
I hear you. I will say I knew some pretty skinny guys in the Corps that were tough as nails. Saw them beat the crap out of way bigger guys. Some guys just do not put on weight no matter how hard they try. The old term Wiry comes to mind.

I hear you. I will say I knew some pretty skinny guys in the Corps that were tough as nails. Saw them beat the crap out of way bigger guys. Some guys just do not put on weight no matter how hard they try. The old term Wiry comes to mind.

True that. There’s more than a few Special Ops guys that fit that description, too. And I don’t mean to imply that Tristan is not tough, either. It just seems to be a physics equation sometimes.

I think Gebbia gets the starting nod because of his work ethic. Not a knock at all on A. Mart., but every practice report talked about Gebbia staying for a good chunk of time after practice working out with a WR or by himself.

He has the skills to play D1 QB at a high level. If A. Mart beats him out, I think we're looking at a freak stud in A. Mart.

I think Gebbia gets the starting nod because of his work ethic. Not a knock at all on A. Mart., but every practice report talked about Gebbia staying for a good chunk of time after practice working out with a WR or by himself.

He has the skills to play D1 QB at a high level. If A. Mart beats him out, I think we're looking at a freak stud in A. Mart.

And I think it’s awesome that we actually get to have some meaningful conversations about a closely fought QB battle on our team!

When was the last time we had one?

Crouch/Newcome?

Gebbia starts and has a solid season and Bunch is the back up and Martinez redshirts. Now 2019 rolls around and Martinez has had a whole fall and another spring to get bigger, stronger, faster, smarter... WOW! That would be a tough deal for Gebbia if he loses his starter spot. You know if Martinez has a year to get better at everything he will be very hard to keep from being the starter. What if Gebbia has a All-Freshman year and looks really good? Geez, that's going to be really tough choice. choose the player that already had a great season or a player that looks awesome but hasnt played? Now high school seniors see the Huskers have two young studs, will it be hard to bring in another stud QB knowing its a redshirt year for sure? There is always Matt Masker that will probably be in the battle in 2019 after a redshirt year and Frost has already used a 2* player at QB for a undefeated season and finish 8th in the Heisman voting before. Matt could be everything Bunch and Vedral are or more. I think this QB situation could get exciting and hope nobody leaves but I have to think at least one of them does because the big 2 in this race are both really young and both might be the real deal.

Gebbia starts and has a solid season and Bunch is the back up and Martinez redshirts. Now 2019 rolls around and Martinez has had a whole fall and another spring to get bigger, stronger, faster, smarter... WOW! That would be a tough deal for Gebbia if he loses his starter spot. You know if Martinez has a year to get better at everything he will be very hard to keep from being the starter. What if Gebbia has a All-Freshman year and looks really good? Geez, that's going to be really tough choice. choose the player that already had a great season or a player that looks awesome but hasnt played? Now high school seniors see the Huskers have two young studs, will it be hard to bring in another stud QB knowing its a redshirt year for sure? There is always Matt Masker that will probably be in the battle in 2019 after a redshirt year and Frost has already used a 2* player at QB for a undefeated season and finish 8th in the Heisman voting before. Matt could be everything Bunch and Vedral are or more. I think this QB situation could get exciting and hope nobody leaves but I have to think at least one of them does because the big 2 in this race are both really young and both might be the real deal.

Oh stop. You are getting me fired up all over again, and it’s 4 MONTHS until the season. (But I do hope Masker brings yet another set of contending skills. Then we let the cream rise...)

I get the idea of Martinez redshirting if he doesn’t start. But holy crap, next year, Vedral’s back, Gebbia has a year under his belt, whooee. Of course all this talk assumes no injury. We haven’t been that lucky in awhile with our dual threat qb’s.

Last edited:
It was interesting as I listened to these three talk through spring and after the spring game. They were three of the best gets in 2017, and all went through different experiences last season. Any one of them could have gone somewhere else, but couldn't pass up a chance to play for Frost. Saturday gave us a glimpse as to why they chose to stay. Enjoy!

http://www.klin.com/2018/04/23/gebb...-in-together-ready-for-new-beginning-in-2018/
Obviously, they are an easy sell, last year they couldn't pass up a chance to play for Riley. ;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back