• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Gator Bowl Gameday Weather Forecast (UPDATED MONDAY, SEE POST #13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, going to the dentist, to get a tooth pulled, and receiving a new partial bridge! :cry: Remember to floss, you all! ;)

Talk to you later. :wave:

GBR

Last edited:

Filed has to be pretty soaked from the rain..of late....right? Would think that could cause some issues.....

As mentioned a couple days ago, the weather pattern has changed some since my initial forecast last week. Unfortunately, there is at least a chance of rain to consider. Better chances will be as the day progresses on Wednesday (Jan 1) -- but fortunately, the game isn't on Thursday -- as that day will be a soaker!

Pregame (Wednesday morning)
: Mostly cloudy. Not as cold as originally forecast due to the increased cloud cover. Temperatures in the mid-40s at daybreak; climbing into the 50s by 9-10AM. A scattered rain shower is possible.

Kickoff (Noon EST): Temperature around 60 -- but that will be highly dependent on if it's raining or not. Dry, and it's a few degrees warmer. Wet, and it's a few cooler. Cloudy skies. A few scattered showers in the area -- but not widespread rain (most places in and around Jacksonville will not be seeing rain, but some may, so the threat is there). Rain does not look overly heavy. Wind Northeast at 4-8mph (not a significant factor).

Halftime: Low 60s if rain near, mid to possibly upper 60s if not. Cloudy skies. Wind continues light. Still a threat of a scattered rain shower.

4th quarter: Temperatures in the 60s. Cloudy skies. Light wind. Again, a scattered rain shower is possible.

Postgame: Temperatures won't fall that much late-afternoon/evening. 50s Wednesday evening into night. Rain threat increases at night.

To emphasize.... I do not see the rain being a major issue -- as the precipitation will be generally scattered. And all-day, heavy sort of rain is not expected. A couple of showers are possible at any point -- but there's a chance they are brief or even not at all. That said, I'd rather you go into it prepared for rain rather than caught be surprise. It won't be a bad weather day. Could be better. Could be worse (and will be worse on January 2nd).

Filed has to be pretty soaked from the rain..of late....right? Would think that could cause some issues.....

The airport in Jacksonville has only recorded 0.18" of rainfall the past 4 days (none yesterday and today). Granted, Jacksonville is a huge city area-wise -- so not sure how well that equates to the stadium. But I am sure no one has seen rain for over 48 hours. It probably all comes down to drainage. If it drains well, shouldn't be a problem leading up to the game itself.

For what it's worth, computer models are still suggesting rain in the area tomorrow. I'd lean toward higher than 50% probability that rain will fall at some point during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back