• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Gator Bowl Gameday Weather Forecast (UPDATED MONDAY, SEE POST #13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
I've heard it all tonight. HWM in a walking cast. HWM arrested for distributing drug-laced peanuts to orphaned elephants. HWM has a candy cane suffocating in his jeans pocket. Let me be the first to say -- none of these are true. (Okay, maybe one is true.)

Now, regarding the weather in Jacksonville for Wednesday, January 1st....

It will happen. Weather always happens. I apologize for this reality.

But, it will be a fairly nice day. And not all that far from "normal" for North Florida in early-January. Some tell me North Florida is not all that normal typically. But concerning the weather, it will be close enough.

You're looking at a sunrise temperature in the mid-to-upper 30s. With the noon Eastern kickoff, temperatures will initially be in the 50s to near 60 -- but warming into the mid-60s (give or take a few degrees either side) for the second-half of game.

Rain will not be a concern. Wind looks to be in the 5-10mph range. Skies should be mostly sunny.

I'll refine this forecast in a few days for your viewing pleasure.

Check post #13 for significant forecast update.

Last edited:

I'm looking forward to it, after Monday's ..... MINUS 5 ( Windchill -15 F), when I went to work Monday morning.

I can take the cold, be that downright hurt

Stick....

I lived in N. FL. for a few years and yeah typical weather for this time of year....

I used to live in Jax. The temp may be 50-60 but the humidity and wind can make things a bit uncomfortable. Husker fans should take a light jacket to the game.

I used to live in Jax. The temp may be 50-60 but the humidity and wind can make things a bit uncomfortable. Husker fans should take a light jacket to the game.

Considering the temperature will be generally in the 40s for the first half of the morning, certainly wise to wear a coat or sweatshirt (I doubt it will be needed before halftime arrives, though ... no humidity, wind, or significant cloud concerns). It's one of those "layer" scenarios regarding apparel. :)

I'll definitely need to keep an eye on this for a potential significant update.

I currently see a computer model suggesting a rain possibility on the 1st. :cry:

Your opening post in this thread was, well, interesting to say the least. Different. It was almost as if some luscious gal was eyeing that candy cane while you typed?

Your opening post in this thread was, well, interesting to say the least. Different. It was almost as if some luscious gal was eyeing that candy cane while you typed?

:wave: Merle! :lol: Don't I wish I could have added the "luscious gal" part?! :(

But yes, I was a bit more mentally warped than typical when I wrote the opening post. :)

Last edited:

Monday Update

As mentioned a couple days ago, the weather pattern has changed some since my initial forecast last week. Unfortunately, there is at least a chance of rain to consider. Better chances will be as the day progresses on Wednesday (Jan 1) -- but fortunately, the game isn't on Thursday -- as that day will be a soaker!

Pregame (Wednesday morning)
: Mostly cloudy. Not as cold as originally forecast due to the increased cloud cover. Temperatures in the mid-40s at daybreak; climbing into the 50s by 9-10AM. A scattered rain shower is possible.

Kickoff (Noon EST): Temperature around 60 -- but that will be highly dependent on if it's raining or not. Dry, and it's a few degrees warmer. Wet, and it's a few cooler. Cloudy skies. A few scattered showers in the area -- but not widespread rain (most places in and around Jacksonville will not be seeing rain, but some may, so the threat is there). Rain does not look overly heavy. Wind Northeast at 4-8mph (not a significant factor).

Halftime: Low 60s if rain near, mid to possibly upper 60s if not. Cloudy skies. Wind continues light. Still a threat of a scattered rain shower.

4th quarter: Temperatures in the 60s. Cloudy skies. Light wind. Again, a scattered rain shower is possible.

Postgame: Temperatures won't fall that much late-afternoon/evening. 50s Wednesday evening into night. Rain threat increases at night.

To emphasize.... I do not see the rain being a major issue -- as the precipitation will be generally scattered. And all-day, heavy sort of rain is not expected. A couple of showers are possible at any point -- but there's a chance they are brief or even not at all. That said, I'd rather you go into it prepared for rain rather than caught be surprise. It won't be a bad weather day. Could be better. Could be worse (and will be worse on January 2nd).

If its going to rain does that mean Georgia is going to want to play the game in the hotel ballroom? :Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back