• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked "Gandalf" Pelini to Opposing Offenses: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Might as well start referring to the opposition as balrogs, because Pelini is stopping the pass like Gandalf himself.

You-shall-not-pass.jpeg

When you think Nebraska and Bo Pelini, the first thing that should probably come to mind is pass defense. This year’s team currently ranks second nationally in passing yards allowed per game (164.4), seventh in pass efficiency defense (100.56), and first in completion percentage (46.4-percent). This isn’t a new development.

http://hailvarsity.com/2012/11/none-shall-pass/

Why don't you ask all 120 1A coaches in the country that question.....and while your at it ask them how they plan to stop Taylor Martinez....he of 770 yards rushing and 2100 yards passsing....who torched two fo the top Ds in the country the past two weeks with his feet and arm.......

Frankly no team in the country knows how to stop the top duel-threat QBs...just go ask Saban what he thinks of that kid from A&M.......

This is not a Nebraska problem as much as we try to make it as such....

What does Gandalf got for mobile QBs?

Why don't you ask all 120 1A coaches in the country that question.....and while your at it ask them how they plan to stop Taylor Martinez....he of 770 yards rushing and 2100 yards passsing....who torched two fo the top Ds in the country the past two weeks with his feet and arm.......

Frankly no team in the country knows how to stop the top duel-threat QBs...just go ask Saban what he thinks of that kid from A&M.......

This is not a Nebraska problem as much as we try to make it as such....

The more things change, the more they stay the same I suppose. An elite dual-threat QB can make the difference between a bad team and a great team. Just ask Gene Chizik.

The more things change, the more they stay the same I suppose. An elite dual-threat QB can make the difference between a bad team and a great team. Just ask Gene Chizik.

Real good example there... Auburn is 7-16 in conference under Chizik without Cam Newton at QB. 8-0 with.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GjeNPauuqNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Yes Sir....yet we moan and groan how we can't stop them....without stopping to realize nobody has stopped our elite dual-threat QB this year either....or any other elite dual-threat QB....

Yup from Cam Newton and the Penthouse to whom ever and the Outhouse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back