• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game on Sunday against that OTHER team from Omaha

I was really getting worried after what happened last year. It is great seeing NU playing the way it has for years.

Hats off to Creighton. They took it to the Huskers. They are well-coached and play hard. Miles will learn from this.

I take less joy in this since fRed and Jay and Doc are no longer around. I like Miles and he has done and will continue to do a great job. But you have to kind of wonder if that 8 or so game stretch last year was a little "lightning in a bottle". Pettaway can fill it up be he takes a lot of bad shots. Shields disappears at times. And NU seems kind of like a one trick pony....Pettaway or shields driving to the rack. NU STILL needs a sniper. A Wragge kind of guy. Make defenses pay for helping against the drive. A post presence would be nice but anymore basketball has gone away from a true post type player on offense. And what's with Pettaway's occasional weird perimeter shot where he shoots and snaps his hands back...he doesn't do it every time though. Odd. What happened to Pitchford. What happened to nick fuller...thought he was supposed to bring some perimeter game...is he hurt?

Anyway, NU needs to get back to the "hunter" mode because they didn't handle the hunted role very well.

I take less joy in this since fRed and Jay and Doc are no longer around. I like Miles and he has done and will continue to do a great job. But you have to kind of wonder if that 8 or so game stretch last year was a little "lightning in a bottle". Pettaway can fill it up be he takes a lot of bad shots. Shields disappears at times. And NU seems kind of like a one trick pony....Pettaway or shields driving to the rack. NU STILL needs a sniper. A Wragge kind of guy. Make defenses pay for helping against the drive. A post presence would be nice but anymore basketball has gone away from a true post type player on offense. And what's with Pettaway's occasional weird perimeter shot where he shoots and snaps his hands back...he doesn't do it every time though. Odd. What happened to Pitchford. What happened to nick fuller...thought he was supposed to bring some perimeter game...is he hurt?

Anyway, NU needs to get back to the "hunter" mode because they didn't handle the hunted role very well.

Yes, Fuller is hurt. Essentially turf toe, which in basketball with all the cutting is a problem. Not sure he is that good any way, but he has been hampered all year with the toe injury.

It looks to me this team is living off of last years press clippings. They have mailed it in every game I have watched except for the first half of the FSU game. Last nights effort won't get the job done in the Big 10. Unless improvements happen we will be sub 500 in the league.

It's still crazy to see people hold on to these opinions of Creighton that were formed 15 years ago. A previous post mentioned a tweet saying Creighton is a mid-major.

Washut or whatever his name is is probably still learning college basketball. Obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back