• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game #31, (L, 65-54), Sun, 3/6 @ Northwestern, 1:00 pm CST, BTN

The next game for Nebraska will be in the 1st round of the Big Ten Tournament at 6:00 pm, Wednesday night, against Rutgers.

Game #31, TODAY, Sun, 3/6 @ Northwestern, 1:00 pm CST, BTN

Mediocre is kind.
Thanks for the PBP, crlltn. It must be frustrating, relating these dismal events.
Now here we sit on Doomsday Wednesday, ripe for the picking by an awful Rutgers team. TM is helpless.

A truly rotten season. No other way to spin it.

Huskers lost 9 of their last 11. Only one win the entire conference slate over a team with an above-.500 record. That was Michigan State -- the high point of the season -- and followed immediately with the 2-9 record to finish out the season (and some really poor losses in that stretch).

Last edited:

NU loses to Rutgers on Wednesday. Despite how bad they've been playing, NU still actually had something to play for today yet still managed to put the entire gym and TV audience to sleep.

Last edited:
Without 'Jumping on the Bandwagon,' just fwiw, I understand everyone's disappointment. This is the second year in a row that the team has seemingly regressed as the season progressed. Poor shooting (and seeming inability to finish well) has been a characteristic for the past two seasons.

But, much as we might like to, I'm not sure we can blame All of the poor shooting on the coaching. This is Not a bad team; there is a lot of talent on the team; more talent than last season, and even more talent is on the way for next year. This is a much better team than their record indicates. They'll stop losing when they get Tired of losing and start believing they can win.

Dare I say it? What would our record be if Terran had stayed for his senior year?
ph34r.png

Unfortunately we were sold a lemon with Miles.

I hate to admit it, but I am totally disappointed in Tim Miles. Again, as said last
season, and again late this season, this team tends to go backwards, as the
season goes on.

He is totally responsible, getting these kids to play better and better! This team sucks!

Miles needs to produce next season. My expectations as an athletic director would be 19+ wins, finish above .500 in conference play, and being in contention for the NCAA tournament during the final stretch of the season. Anything less than that would trigger a discussion with Miles about the direction of the program. Possible staff changes, resource allocations, new strategies, etc. Going forward, his seat would be very hot going into year 6.

I'm tired of Nebraska's major men's athletics struggling. Football finished sub .500. Basketball will finish sub .500. Who knows what our baseball team is going to do but it doesn't look good so far. We blame coaches like Bo, Doc, Tim, Riley, Anderson, and Erstad for the problems we have in our programs. While they do share a lot of the blame for under-performing, ultimately, the athletic director is responsible. We need an athletic director with a long-term vision for our athletic department and sports programs. Maybe Eichorst is that guy, we will see what Riley does the next few years. If he's not that guy, we can keep cycling coaches in and out of our men's programs, it's not ever going to get any better.

With all due respect to Tom Osborne, he was part of the problem. He did some great things in our athletic department, but he didn't put some of our programs in a very good place. Watching Mike Anderson run our baseball program into the ground, hiring someone with no experience who is nearly impossible to hire. Gave Doc a big extension while he recruited Horizon League level talent and then consulted a bunch of football guys before he hired Miles when we had an ex-player who now coaches Lebron James who was never even consulted. I'd probably hire Bo again given his ceiling but good God, in the grand scheme of things, was all the craziness even worth it?

Sorry for ranting guys, I'm just frustrated like the rest of you. I love Osborne and I really do like Eichorst. All I'm saying that it's easy to keep cycling these coaches out but until we have a leader who will make a rock star hire, it's going to continue to be 'Groundhog Day' for our top three programs. At least Miles recruits, that at least gives me more hope than coaches who didn't, like Bo, Doc, Anderson, etc.

Without 'Jumping on the Bandwagon,' just fwiw, I understand everyone's disappointment. This is the second year in a row that the team has seemingly regressed as the season progressed. Poor shooting (and seeming inability to finish well) has been a characteristic for the past two seasons.

But, much as we might like to, I'm not sure we can blame All of the poor shooting on the coaching. This is Not a bad team; there is a lot of talent on the team; more talent than last season, and even more talent is on the way for next year. This is a much better team than their record indicates. They'll stop losing when they get Tired of losing and start believing they can win.

Dare I say it? What would our record be if Terran had stayed for his senior year?
ph34r.png

Huh?

Who do you blame the skid on? The fans? The media? The shooter on the shooter on the grassy knoll? The staged moon landing? The bigfoot-UFO conspiracy?

Oh, wait, I forgot the narrative that is taken with the failures that TO is responsible for: Miles and Erstad. "the team is young and it takes 15-20 years to fix the mess the previous coaches left"

There you have it.

Miles needs to produce next season. My expectations as an athletic director would be 19+ wins, finish above .500 in conference play, and being in contention for the NCAA tournament during the final stretch of the season. Anything less than that would trigger a discussion with Miles about the direction of the program. Possible staff changes, resource allocations, new strategies, etc. Going forward, his seat would be very hot going into year 6.

I'm tired of Nebraska's major men's athletics struggling. Football finished sub .500. Basketball will finish sub .500. Who knows what our baseball team is going to do but it doesn't look good so far. We blame coaches like Bo, Doc, Tim, Riley, Anderson, and Erstad for the problems we have in our programs. While they do share a lot of the blame for under-performing, ultimately, the athletic director is responsible. We need an athletic director with a long-term vision for our athletic department and sports programs. Maybe Eichorst is that guy, we will see what Riley does the next few years. If he's not that guy, we can keep cycling coaches in and out of our men's programs, it's not ever going to get any better.

With all due respect to Tom Osborne, he was part of the problem. He did some great things in our athletic department, but he didn't put some of our programs in a very good place. Watching Mike Anderson run our baseball program into the ground, hiring someone with no experience who is nearly impossible to hire. Gave Doc a big extension while he recruited Horizon League level talent and then consulted a bunch of football guys before he hired Miles when we had an ex-player who now coaches Lebron James who was never even consulted. I'd probably hire Bo again given his ceiling but good God, in the grand scheme of things, was all the craziness even worth it?

Sorry for ranting guys, I'm just frustrated like the rest of you. I love Osborne and I really do like Eichorst. All I'm saying that it's easy to keep cycling these coaches out but until we have a leader who will make a rock star hire, it's going to continue to be 'Groundhog Day' for our top three programs. At least Miles recruits, that at least gives me more hope than coaches who didn't, like Bo, Doc, Anderson, etc.

Hey, haven't you heard? Erstad is the man. When he became coach he was talking about National Championships. Funny how we haven't heard that talk in a couple of years. Remember how he was going to bring in Major League type talent and teach them how to play tough? And to do this all with the experience of one year as a volunteer assistant under Mike Anderson. E

Everyone bought into that. Except me. You don't just take over a program with the resources the size of Nebraska's with basically zero experience.

Remember Osbornes biggest selling point when he hired Erstad? "He loves Nebraska and he'll never leave". Great, he'll never leave! And that's the problem I've constantly stated about hiring Erstad: Its not the fact you hired him, its how do you fire him? Football and baseball legend and now "booster of substance". Good luck with that one Shawn, you're gonna need it!!!

NU loses to Rutgers on Wednesday. Despite how bad they've been playing, NU still actually had something to play for today yet still managed to put the entire gym and TV audience to sleep.

It's between Rutgers and St johns for the worst power conference team. Rutgers sucks mightily. Nu should beat them soundly

It's between Rutgers and St johns for the worst power conference team. Rutgers sucks mightily. Nu should beat them soundly

of course they should beat them. but rutgers, coming off their first win will be hungry for more. meanwhile NU will come out flat, they'll fall behind 10+ early, go into shell shock mode, make a little run in the 2nd half, trade baskets for around 10 minutes, and then lose by 5 or so. thats my prediction.

of course they should beat them. but rutgers, coming off their first win will be hungry for more. meanwhile NU will come out flat, they'll fall behind 10+ early, go into shell shock mode, make a little run in the 2nd half, trade baskets for around 10 minutes, and then lose by 5 or so. thats my prediction.

Actually, we will go up by 10 early, only to be tied or trailing at the half, then Shavon will go off early in the second half and the Huskers will win by 10, only to lose by 20 in the second round. :(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back