• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Futbol 20-21

jikastew

15 Year Member
So happy to make a new season thread.

Have at it, gents (and ladies).

primevideosport sports football sport soccer GIF

Last edited:

Chelsea gives Pulisic the #10.

Havertz is gold. Timo may be better in time than Diego? Pulisic is going to get hurt, but until then, he's about as dangerous as anyone in the EPL. Ziyech is fast and can actually link and fill well. Tiago is old but better than anyone we had. Chilwell looks to be a huge upgrade. Mount is poised to make the jump. Kante is still here. Kovacic is still here. Barkley is still here. Alonso is still here. Depth looks good.

Tammy is only getting better. James is going to be quite good. CHO on loan? Mendy is apparently a done deal - better start improving your vertical Mr. Arrizabalaga.

The Willian is finally gone (and on cue looked fantastic for Arsenal). Azpi finally has cover to rest.

They brought in youth: Mbuyamba, Sarr. Still in it for Rice. They'll make a deal for Rice if Kante is sent to Inter.

I love Roman. News of his $1B sell off was overlooked by the media. We know where some of that money went. The transfer ban was, in retrospect, a very good thing for Chelsea. Prices were more reasonable this year.

And with that said, they still are playing for spots 3 or 4. City and Pool are that good. Adding only a 35yo defender to the worst central defense in the EPL won't get it done. But it's a start.

FYI

Peacock (NBC stream) is broadcasting games live as well this year. Chelsea v Brighton will be on Monday.

Chelsea gives Pulisic the #10.

Havertz is gold. Timo may be better in time than Diego? Pulisic is going to get hurt, but until then, he's about as dangerous as anyone in the EPL. Ziyech is fast and can actually link and fill well. Tiago is old but better than anyone we had. Chilwell looks to be a huge upgrade. Mount is poised to make the jump. Kante is still here. Kovacic is still here. Barkley is still here. Alonso is still here. Depth looks good.

Tammy is only getting better. James is going to be quite good. CHO on loan? Mendy is apparently a done deal - better start improving your vertical Mr. Arrizabalaga.

The Willian is finally gone (and on cue looked fantastic for Arsenal). Azpi finally has cover to rest.

They brought in youth: Mbuyamba, Sarr. Still in it for Rice. They'll make a deal for Rice if Kante is sent to Inter.

I love Roman. News of his $1B sell off was overlooked by the media. We know where some of that money went. The transfer ban was, in retrospect, a very good thing for Chelsea. Prices were more reasonable this year.

And with that said, they still are playing for spots 3 or 4. City and Pool are that good. Adding only a 35yo defender to the worst central defense in the EPL won't get it done. But it's a start.
I’m excited to see Chelsea this year and their new guys. Love their coach.

United beats Brighton 3-2 on a PK after everyone thought the game was over. Clear handball by Brighton in a bizzare finish. Championships are won on games like this.

Last edited:
Wow WBA leads Chelsea 3-0 and they have only played 37 minutes. D is horrible

United has a game in hand having only played two due to Euros League semi-final from last season

Reece James needs to see the bench for a month after what might be the worst half I've seen since.......asflkjaorigaownvrn;goieggej.

So annoyed.

Reece James needs to see the bench for a month after what might be the worst half I've seen since.......asflkjaorigaownvrn;goieggej.

So annoyed.

Silva horrible mistake on his debut EPL game cost a goal. The D is not good this season

You can't tell me Ampadu couldn't get playing time this year. No way. Anyone who can't even get a sniff in Chelsea's defense isn't even worth loaning away. Who the hell is taking the heat behind closed doors for this atrocity, now going on 2 years? These guys look like stiffs every week. There's no way every defensive back line player for Chelsea is this bad, week in, week out.

Unless the D makes dramatic improvements they will struggle to finish Top 6 and it may cost Lampard his job. Still early but WBA newly promoted gave up 8 goals in their first two games. 1-2 start not good for Chelsea

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back