• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frustrated Bolt Doesn't Mince Words

Husker Mort

Heisman
5 Year Member
Nebraska assistant baseball coach Will Bolt clearly was frustrated Tuesday as he rehashed the 2012 season during an appearance on 93.7 FM "The Ticket."

The Husker hitting coach wasn't about to pat himself on the back even though the team ranked second in the Big Ten with a .314 batting average and led the league in hits, RBIs, home runs, total bases, slugging percentage and runs scored.

Bolt ran the offense from the third-base box, with input from Darin Erstad, of course.

Bolt said the program must quickly reach a point where qualifying for the six-team Big Ten Tournament isn't enough.

"Moving forward, I don't think the Big Ten Tournament can even be considered the postseason for us," Bolt said. "It's get to the NCAA Tournament. Find a way to host if you can. If you can't host, go make some noise and try to make a run to Omaha."

http://huskerextra.com/sports/huskers/football/article_fe15b22f-0f06-5029-9216-ad30c669e4bf.html

:clap:

Last edited:

I agree, 100%. :) :wave: How are you, Nishioka? Are you on R and R? Are you still in the military?

In case I don't get back to this, send me a message, ok? Take care. :usaflag:

I agree, 100%. :) :wave: How are you, Nishioka? Are you on R and R? Are you still in the military?

In case I don't get back to this, send me a message, ok? Take care. :usaflag:

Hey Bob! Wasn't military, Japan made the mistake of letting me into the country as an exchange student! :Biggrin:

Back safe and sound now though, already thinking about the next trip.

Batting was definitely not the problem.. We need more consistant pitching, like a Friday shut down STUD.

Batting was definitely not the problem.. We need more consistant pitching, like a Friday shut down STUD.

We need more than one stud, we need three reliable starters. Then, we need a few more guys who have shown some promise, and give you hope when you bring them in. We had none of any of that this season. Long ways to go!

We need more than one stud, we need three reliable starters. Then, we need a few more guys who have shown some promise, and give you hope when you bring them in. We had none of any of that this season. Long ways to go!

Good point, Merle. Were any of you surprised that Silva wasn't able to develop a couple reliable arms as the year went on? I understand you can't make a mule a race horse, but you can get a great day's work out of a mule.

Hey Bob! Wasn't military, Japan made the mistake of letting me into the country as an exchange student! :Biggrin:

Back safe and sound now though, already thinking about the next trip.

Aw, so! Yes, I forgot. Glad, you are enjoying your stay in Japan so much, you want to go back. Lots of luck! :)

.............plus, a closer and another decent starter. Having a good middle man makes it much, more easier, also. All in all, yes, we need 3 to come around. If our pitching is better, it takes a lot of the stress off of our hitters, who did a credible job this last season. :koolaid:

Aw, so! Yes, I forgot. Glad, you are enjoying your stay in Japan so much, you want to go back. Lots of luck! :)

Thank you sir! When I do go back it won't be during the fall... it was too much work getting up at 4am to watch football, World Series, etc :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back