• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost Koolaid

Goal-Line did you also laugh when Riley was hired? Solich? Callahan or Pelini? Certainly you didn't laugh when Osborne was hired because you knew what was coming, Right? :Facepalm:

As a king and a father, Mufasa is instructive and wise, borne down by years of experience and instruction. His rule over the Pride Lands results in a period of prosperity, reflecting his reasonable and responsible approach to kingship. His lessons leave a deep imprint on Simba, who learns from his father that every creature must be respected in order for balance to be maintained. His wisdom touches through on his understanding of responsibility and his willingness to set aside personal gain in order to better the Pride Lands. Mufasa is ultimately portrayed as an "ideal king"; powerful, yet kind-hearted
AND, while the proud king sat on his perch overlooking his kingdom his pride terrorized the community behind the scenes ripping apart the families of wildebeests who were innocently grazing on the barren soil. Little Patuu, who was recently born to a mother with crocodile scars across her buttocks, was playfully learning to walk when the lion approached from the weeds, leaping at him catching his throat in her powerful jaws. Patuu was so surprised he didn't have time to react. As the lion crushed his windpipe little Patuu's last thoughts were filled with fear as he felt the warmth of his own piss dribbling down his weak legs into the dry harsh earth.

As a king and a father, Mufasa is instructive and wise, borne down by years of experience and instruction. His rule over the Pride Lands results in a period of prosperity, reflecting his reasonable and responsible approach to kingship. His lessons leave a deep imprint on Simba, who learns from his father that every creature must be respected in order for balance to be maintained. His wisdom touches through on his understanding of responsibility and his willingness to set aside personal gain in order to better the Pride Lands. Mufasa is ultimately portrayed as an "ideal king"; powerful, yet kind-hearted

I think that’s cartoons.

I laughed when Frost was hired and many on this forum were predicting totally outrageous expectations of a 10-2 record the first year and a Conference Championship the second year. I sat in the stands and saw, with my own eyes, what there was on the field, little to no talent along with no depth. And, to be honest, it has not improved much. Maybe at a couple of positions, but not as substancial as it should be. There are giant leaps in recruiting and development that need to be made before there can be any sense of anointing a Lion King. Hopefully, it can only go up from here or Scotty will be kicking rocks down the road, like former head coaches, with a fat pocket full of unearned cash.

I think the jury is still out on whether the talent and depth "has improved much". Its clear the overall team did not improve "immediately", as fans would have liked. But gaining depth requires time and it requires multiple recruiting classes. Our recruiting over the first two years of the SF era was plagued with attrition. We don't know what some of those who remain can do as redshirt freshmen.

In hindsight it might have been better for Frost to come in with less bravado and a titch more humility. No, the rest of the league did not have to adjust to us, we were not dangerous in year two (doubt we will be in year 3) and Zach Duval is not the best S&C coach in the country.

But as far as him lavishing praise on his new recruits - why not? On paper it appears to be a solid class, so let him sing their praises.

If we can eek out 6 wins and maybe win a bowl game I will call 2020 a good season.

I do not live in the past. I have watched it many times. Just reinforces what I said, the Huskers have a long way to go with regard to winning seasons and championships. Lighten up, Francis!
Thanks.
download.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back