• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frosh

Updated to include NIU participation

Enjoy keeping track of the Newbies each week... in terms of true Freshman participation, so far:

1 Wandale Robinson (III)
12 Quinton Newsome (III)
13 Darien Chase (I)
14 Rahmir Johnson (I)
18 Myles Farmer (I)
26 Noa Pola Gates (II)
28 Luke Reimer (I)
44 Garrett Nelson (III)
54 Bryce Benhart (I)
97 Dylan Jorgensen (II)

Imagine several more might see action (in at least <4 games)

7 Luke McCaffrey
10 Jackson Hannah
25 Ronald Thompkins

I think we'll also see Hannah and Henrich (if he gets healthy) for 4 games.

Sorry - been away for awhile ... Updated to include NW participation

Enjoy keeping track of the Newbies each week... in terms of true Freshman (& new players) participation, so far:

1 Wandale Robinson (6)
12 Quinton Newsome (5)
44 Garrett Nelson (6)

4 Jahkeem Green (1)
7 Luke McCaffrey (1)
13 Darien Chase (2)
14 Rahmir Johnson (3)
18 Myles Farmer (2)
26 Noa Pola Gates (3)
28 Luke Reimer (3)
33 Javin Wright (1)
54 Bryce Benhart (1)
87 Chris Hickman (1)
97 Dylan Jorgensen (2)

Imagine several more might see action (in at least a few <4 games)

10 Jackson Hannah
42 Nick Henrich

Last edited:

He was the fastest one during the pregame runouts! That guy had so much energy, my son and I had to look up his number to see who it was.
I think when he said "plodder" he was referring to his game speed. Big difference between running a straight line and reacting to a play. He is a bit slow with his reaction time, but that will come eventually. Once he gets that down, kid will be an animal.

You keep repeating this baloney. There is a reason he has played in every game as a true freshman. LOL, plodder.

I said it once, and repeated it while acknowledging I said it another thread. I also said I hoped I was wrong. I’ve been to all but one game and will be in Minny. So far I believe my own eyes.

Barring injury, I’m not sure burning McCaffreys red shirt makes sense.
With QB’s nowadays, you’d better use them or they are gonna leave. It’s the way it is nowadays. If he can play burn it. There is another QB behind him and I’m sure another one after that. I have no problem burning his shirt. Maybe he can provide some sort of a spark.

With QB’s nowadays, you’d better use them or they are gonna leave. It’s the way it is nowadays. If he can play burn it. There is another QB behind him and I’m sure another one after that. I have no problem burning his shirt. Maybe he can provide some sort of a spark.
There's packages in the offense for Luke that don't include him at QB. We will see them at some point. Maybe this Saturday.

You can’t play them all.

I stopped believing in using red shirts some time ago, except for those players who want to go an extra year and earn credits for some graduate school. Especially at QB, use them when they are ready, and stop worrying about burning up their eligibility. We have a pipeline of QBs and will as long as this staff is around.
I doubt all the good ones are going to be content sitting around for four years to play one year.

If they are ready, use them. QBs now have a lot more experience through 7 on 7 schools,QB camps, national challenges, etc. They are much closer to being ready to go at the college level than was true 10 years ago. So stop worrying about red shirts, and use the player if he is the best choice at the time and at the position.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back