• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked From bad to worse on targeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This picture shows what the NCAA now defines as targeting. Here's the link but this is really getting ridiculous IMO... NCAA says the UCLA player should have been flagged and disqualified. Thoughts?

Without a doubt, targeting.

The calls that are threatening to ruin football are the calls like the one on that Penn State defender that was making a play on the ball against Michigan. It was nice to see the Big Ten speak up and say that it shouldn't have been called targeting, but, too late. The refs were able to review the call and somehow still called it targeting.

Watching that full speed, if I was the ref I would probably have called it on the field, and to be honest not knowing the rule exactly, as replay I don't think it could have been overturned. But it's over.

Need to start targeting livers and spleens.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Receiver was NOT defenseless. He caught the ball, and was making a football move. Just cut into DB flying in from the side.

Would the greatest hit (that never happened)--John Ruud vs. Kelly Phelps--now be called targeting?

Receiver was NOT defenseless. He caught the ball, and was making a football move. Just cut into DB flying in from the side.

Would the greatest hit (that never happened)--John Ruud vs. Kelly Phelps--now be called targeting?

Yes.......sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back