• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frank Solich Hall of Fame Vote ...should he?

If it happens great. If it doesn’t happen fine.

Thoughts on the font used for the “N” on the helmet? :thumbsup:

200.gif

Last edited:
I'm not sold on either Coker or Solich being hall of fame worthy. That should be a very select membership.

Coker was a head coach for 11 seasons. Won 3 conference championships and 1 national championship. 86-47 record, .647 winning percentage.

Solich was a head coach for 22 seasons. Won 1 conference championship and 0 national championships. 173-101 record, .631 winning percentage.
coker won a natty with another coaches players. if you look at his record at miami, his first year was his best, then each year after that he lost 1 game more per season. had a losing record at UTSA. i think the trajectory of miami and neb at the time they got rid of them was very different. not sure its a very good comparison.

Thread lock in 3..2..1

This has been hashed out before and it never has a good stench. Answer honestly and your a hater, answer positively your a homer. Franks legacy benefited greatly from the poor choices that followed and the great position he took over. He got out while the getting was good.

Why a thread lock?

Overall a really good and respectful thread

coker won a natty with another coaches players. if you look at his record at miami, his first year was his best, then each year after that he lost 1 game more per season. had a losing record at UTSA. i think the trajectory of miami and neb at the time they got rid of them was very different. not sure its a very good comparison.

The comparison exists only because both are on the ballot.

Both Coker and Solich had their great success within their first two years as a head coach. Coker's best year with a national title was his first. Solich's only conference championship in 22 years of head coaching was his second, still with plenty of Osborne recruits.

Regarding Coker at UTSA -- he was actually the first-ever head coach of that program. UTSA did not have a football team at all until the 2011 season. Kinda hard to be too critical of any head coach starting up a new program completely from scratch.

Anyhow, Solich is not near HOF worthy.

Last edited:

Winningest coach in MAC history you said? Put him in.
Solich is actually 32nd in career winning percentage in MAC history.

He owns the most overall wins as no one coached more games in the MAC than Frank.

Nick Saban, Matt Campbell, Urban Meyer, Bo Schembechler, Butch Jones, Gary Pinkel, Dave Doeren, and many others had significantly better winning percentages -- but they were too good to stick in the MAC.

He owns the most overall wins as no one coached more games in the MAC than Frank.

Nick Saban, Matt Campbell, Urban Meyer, Bo Schembechler, Butch Jones, Gary Pinkel, Dave Doeren, and many others had significantly better winning percentages -- but they were too good to stick in the MAC.
Or maybe Frank wanted to stay after how he was shafted at NU? Look at Fitz at NW. I am sure he could have gone somewhere else. He chose not to. Come on HWM.

Last edited:

Those guys were all younger and starting out their careers. Frankie wasn't gonna get many offers at his age.

Or maybe Frank wanted to stay after how he was shafted at NU? Look at Fitz at NW. I am sure he could have gone somewhere else. He chose not to. Come on HWM.
I think there is a lot of truth here. Frank was a very capable coach. What he did at Ohio was pretty good, compared to his predecessors. And yeah, I don't think he was looking to leave. I think in order for him to earn HOF, he would need to get Ohio to the same point Cincinnati got, where they were asked into an elite conference

Those guys were all younger and starting out their careers. Frankie wasn't gonna get many offers at his age.
I think had he been great at Ohio he would have had other offers. For sure limited because he was 59 IIRC when he left NU, but no one was looking to pick him then either.

Great guy, fantastic assistant coach, just not a great head coach.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back