• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former Wyo and TX WR Isaiah Neyor OV 1/5/24

It's a little concerning to me that he couldn't find the field at Texas. I know we need more experience at WR, but it's surprising to me that he played so little despite being healthy last year. Was there something going on that we don't know about?

It's a little concerning to me that he couldn't find the field at Texas. I know we need more experience at WR, but it's surprising to me that he played so little despite being healthy last year. Was there something going on that we don't know about?
It was my understanding he injured his knee the previous year and wasn't 100 percent, my only concern is the hope that he is stronger for it and the injury bug doesn't plague him. Fidone was injury prone, but lasted the entire season this year which was great, but he never got targeted as much as we should have utilized him. This upcoming year we may see an uptick in WR and TE plays, kind of fun to see them do 2 TE sets

It was my understanding he injured his knee the previous year and wasn't 100 percent, my only concern is the hope that he is stronger for it and the injury bug doesn't plague him. Fidone was injury prone, but lasted the entire season this year which was great, but he never got targeted as much as we should have utilized him. This upcoming year we may see an uptick in WR and TE plays, kind of fun to see them do 2 TE sets
If we go from 65%run/35% pass to 55% run to 45% pass, and have a qb throwing for 65% completions vs 50% completions, all the numbers blow up.

I thought the injury was a 2022 thing and that Neyor had recovered by this past season. It seems to me that he likely wouldn't be in the portal if his only reason for lack of playing time this past year was that he was injured. Presumably, he's looking for more playing time.

Texas had a strong WR room last year and thus there's no shame in not getting much playing time, but I don't think we should be expecting Neyor to be All World for us.

Last edited:

I would guess "take both" if we are fortunate enough to be in position to get both. There is a real lack of veteran production in the WR room, so we could use a couple of 1-2 year guys who can contribute right away.
We could use them for sure. I'm just worried we'll end up having to tell some extras they have to transfer to CU. I 'd hate to do that to anyone. ;)

Last edited:
I would guess "take both" if we are fortunate enough to be in position to get both. There is a real lack of veteran production in the WR room, so we could use a couple of 1-2 year guys who can contribute right away.
I agree we should defintely take 2 veterans in the portal. If I'm being greedy I'd take one of Banks and Neyor (I like Banks better) and then a shiftier slot type. But maybe since we haven't seen many transfer targets in that vein yet they see Lloyd more as a slot next year, or they think Barney can come in day 1 ready to contribute and we're more set there than I think?

Sean Callahan was saying on the Red Sea Scrolls that he is thinking they take both WRs if they can, one of the ILBs visiting and Dowdell if he wants N. So 4 out of the 5 if all of them want to come aboard.

Sean Callahan was saying on the Red Sea Scrolls that he is thinking they take both WRs if they can, one of the ILBs visiting and Dowdell if he wants N. So 4 out of the 5 if all of them want to come aboard.
Sounds right to me. If we take one of the ILBs, we may make the lighter one a tweener, sharing positions.
Need another rb, or proven rb, and of course at wr.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back