• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Florida Governor signs NIL Law

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Sounds like California isn't far behind.

Guessing this will sweep the country quickly. Alabama and LSU won't like the Gators or 'Noles being able to offer players money. Gonna be a LOT of pressure on state legislatures to get this done and not fall behind.

States that don't will likely see a big fall out in recruiting, just my two cents.

Last edited:

I am wondering if the NCAA can prevent Florida schools from competing against schools in states that don't have this advantage.

I don't understand these state laws. This was never illegal as far as I know, and was only impermissible under NCAA rules, which are voluntarily followed to be a play within the NCAA. Maybe?

All this takes the shine off college for me in general. I haven't watched professional sports since they each went through a Strike by the players. I will have a hard time following College ball when this legislation gets passed, and it will. Maybe more fishing and other hobbies.

I know the pros and cons will be discussed forever. I just want to know if this means EA Sports will bring back NCAA College Football. I would dust off my PS4 for that!

b2bd47e2e1dd1bcb78799b1964fa3a6b.jpg

All this takes the shine off college for me in general. I haven't watched professional sports since they each went through a Strike by the players. I will have a hard time following College ball when this legislation gets passed, and it will. Maybe more fishing and other hobbies.
Just makes the players pro.Semi pro leagues then.Going to hurt the mid majors and smaller schools.Sign of the times I guess.Keep the faith.GBR.

Just makes the players pro.Semi pro leagues then.Going to hurt the mid majors and smaller schools.Sign of the times I guess.Keep the faith.GBR.

No it doesn't. They aren't being paid to play. And it may hurt smaller schools but it should help schools with bigger more passionate fanbases.

Dang, Florida has an advantage on state income tax. Texas and Washington also if/when they come online with NIL.

We might start losing walkon players to USD and SDSU to the north.
If they have internet in Wyoming, maybe to the west as well.

Only partially joking his day and age.

That could really hurt the B1G.

No it doesn't. They aren't being paid to play. And it may hurt smaller schools but it should help schools with bigger more passionate fanbases.
If they don’t play will they be paid? I think it is a bad deal for college sports.Jmo. I truly don’t care how they do it, I just want to see Husker football again.

Dang, Florida has an advantage on state income tax. Texas and Washington also if/when they come online with NIL.

We might start losing walkon players to USD and SDSU to the north.
If they have internet in Wyoming, maybe to the west as well.

Only partially joking his day and age.

That could really hurt the B1G.
The only thing worse than paying taxes is not having enough income to be taxed.
A. Lincoln

I haven't really followed this. So the $150k Martinez supposedly could earn would be while he's in college? I guess it's time for me to shuffle off the stage because that sounds bad for team morale, if you ask me.

And wouldnt it create a pretty large incentive for a kid who knows he might have some star potential, like a Wandale Robinson, for example, to sign with the program with the more lucrative fan base?

It would make a lot of sense to weigh the chance to pick up an extra $150k when you come from little as much or more than the slightly longer shot of actually getting a pro contract. You'd think.

Probably y'all already covered this, but wow.

Last edited:

I'm still trying to get my head around NIL and how it's going to be different than what use to be called cheating.

This isn’t just paid endorsements....

Remember a few years ago when the UCF kicker was told he couldn’t make money on his YouTube channel? It’s absolutely ridiculous that these rules exist - the NCAA has no problem making money off student athletes, but the second they do it, huge no no.

agree, not sure how in the world they will police this. Slippery slope

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back