• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fleck taking parting shots

P J Flecks job and loyalty is with the University of Minnesota. It’s not his job to tiptoe around the feelings of Husker players, fans, and coaches. What he said was probably right and our coaches have said similar types of things. It’s pretty sad when a fan base gets to the point that they are worried what the other coaches and fans say about us after another gut wrenching, pee it down our leg performance that has been repeated over and over again. My parents taught me many many years ago that if you don’t like what someone is saying about you the first step is to figure out if it’s true. If it is true then change something so they can’t say it anymore

Ole PJ can be as smug as he wants. His "culture" and style of play will win quite a few games over mediocre and poor teams, but will not over teams with significantly more talent of which there will always be a few in the B1G every year. They will never come close to a conf championship or a top 10 finish.
2019 Minnesota Gophers finished the season ranked #10 in the AP and Coaches poll sooooo......

No different then Frost at B1G media days saying he’s not into slogans and he’s got the wrong players if that’s what it takes. That was a shot aimed at Fleck
I don't think it was. PJ took it that way. But who knows if Frost even heard PJ's interview? It was just SF's response to a reporter's question, and PJ thought it was about him.

Who cares? Not everyone is the same. He didn’t say anything bad, nor was he disrespectful. He said what he believed. I think he knows many teams are more talented than his gophers, so he leans of his way of doing things. He’s right, and I don’t like the guy.
This, all looking to direct their frustrations at someone or something

I am probably the only one who like PJ , he gets his team ready to play

Well to be fair, Frost is usually explaining why his team lost.
Yep... and Fleck earned the right to say what he did. I don't think it was out of line at all. They are just words from the coach that won the game. Once again, he coached Frost into the dirt. He has scoreboard, as they say. People here dislike Fleck, but if Frost could manage to get a clue on the sidelines and beat him, he would just be a quirky sidenote.

The culture of losing at NU is very strong right now. This is 100% on Scott Frost. The question is how patient will Trev and the donors of substance be. The law of averages should have evened out on these one score games, but it hasn't, and to me that means Frost has an intrinsic issue and not a rabbit's foot issue.

Last edited:
Do we still do that? Was it dropped? Only been in stadium twice and thought I heard student section was moved along the way. Was that tradition let go of then?
Well, the poem is just a traditional motto.

But yes, we still do it. Now it's the south stadium who applaud as the visitors exit. It was never really a thing by the student section.

While I’m not a PJ fan, one thing that Fleck said about their culture that I totally support is that, “… everybody’s held to a high standard, and that will not come down for anyone. Period.”

That sounds to me like a commitment to discipline, accountability and chasing perfection.

IMHO Frost needs to apply more of that mentality to himself, his staff and his players.

Last edited:

Scoreboard entitles you to say whatever you want to.

I'm still not clear on why we dislike PJ so much. Yes, he's a bit cheesy, but it appears to be working.

Yup that's what the discussion is about

It's a message board

Oh and there are more than enough threads on this forum discussing what you are concerned about

Not sure we need another one of those

We could combine most of those into one thread at least that's what folks have told me on more than one occasion

It's all good

Frost has done similar things. Since he is the NU coach though it's all good. :thumbsup:

C

When has Frost said at a press conference what Fleck said about another team? That's the bottom line

Here is one. There are others as I commented when he was hired that I liked his moxie.
“It’s hard to say when the score is what it is, but we came in here and outhit those guys today,” Frost said. “Standing on the sideline, there was no doubt who was hitting harder.”

Frost absolutely has taken shots at others. Like his "I'm not into slogeneering"

C

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back