• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Five Star Recruit wants out of his LOI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCHusker

#1 Husker Fan
15 Year Member
I am curious everybody's thoughts on this. Sure it could go on other teams, but I am looking for more of the "recruiting aspect." What if this happened to one of our recruits??

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/five-star-recruit-wants-florida-201032369--nfl.html

From the story:

“What happened was on Signing Day I wasn’t sure who I wanted to sign with. I had issues with different schools," Thomas said. "But when I told my mom I didn’t want to sign with anybody and wait and give it a few days she said I couldn’t do that. She said, ‘FSU is a good school – pick them. It’s close to home.’ I wasn’t agreeing with it. But I felt like I was being disrespectful to her if I didn’t sign. So I made her happy.â€￾

Last edited:

I actually feel for this kid....when you have 'stage' parents like that....

Seems like a good kid who was trying to make his mom happy...and he nailed it here:

"I just want to go have fun and play football.”

If he doesn't want to be at a school and is unhappy its not a good situation for anyone....this is a rare occurrence....I'd release him and let him go where he wants...

I actually feel for this kid....when you have 'stage' parents like that....

Seems like a good kid who was trying to make his mom happy...and he nailed it here:

If he doesn't want to be at a school and is unhappy its not a good situation for anyone....this is a rare occurrence....I'd release him and let him go where he wants...

Agreed. It's becoming disturbing the crazy amounts of parents that are doing bad things to their kids come LOI time. Like the mom who took off with her son's LOI because of the school he choose wasn't the one she wanted.

horrible situation for FSU... Who know's how Thomas' commitment affected their decisions to recruit or not recruit other potential prospects that would have killed to play there... Although he will most likely be granted a release, I feel like these kids need to learn the responsibilities that come with giving someone "your word"... I might be being dramatic here, but football taught me a lot of life lessons that I'm not sure kids this day and age are learning. Best of luck to him though

horrible situation for FSU... Who know's how Thomas' commitment affected their decisions to recruit or not recruit other potential prospects that would have killed to play there... Although he will most likely be granted a release, I feel like these kids need to learn the responsibilities that come with giving someone "your word"... I might be being dramatic here, but football taught me a lot of life lessons that I'm not sure kids this day and age are learning. Best of luck to him though

Since he was a signing day decision it probably did not impact their larger plans, but that is a good point if a long-committed player reneges after signing day.

So much this...so much!

Word means nothing anymore and to let this kid go because he was only doing it for someone else. Welcome to real life son! You may be a great kid..sticking to your word will make you a fantastic ...Man

So much this...so much!

Word means nothing anymore and to let this kid go because he was only doing it for someone else. Welcome to real life son! You may be a great kid..sticking to your word will make you a fantastic ...Man

absolutly true...he should have signed with arkansas..or..louisville..or..falcons..or....maybe michigan state..or..lsu..or..miami..or..alabama...

Someone tell him not to join the military, take the oath, or raise his hand.
Let him sit a year and maybe he can figure out where he wants to go. Of course, he had FOUR years in HS to think about it. Funny how it sneaks up on people. Augh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back