• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked First Post, First Game, First NU Football Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome come on over to the cafe when you need to lose your mind

You will have a great time! I'm going back for So. MS and UCLA this year. The members on this website can provide you with all the details you could possibly need about what to check out while you are there. I was born at Offutt and pretty much raised there, other than a few tours our family had in Texas and Florida. Who knows my family may know your wife. Bet you have an Alumni Watch Party in your area. It's almost as good as being there but not quite. Husker fans have a ball to watching games together so you may want to check it out. GBR!

How dare you slide your Lobos agenda in there with the Huskers?!:soapbox:

Just kidding:Biggrin:, welcome aboard. I envy you going to a game. I have been trying to get back to Lincoln to attend a game for a couple of years now. The logistics of pulling it off for me has been unbelievably difficult. I think it would be easier for me to go to Mars than to catch a Husker game. Enjoy the game. Let us know about your experience.

LoboHusker, I retired from the AF in 1991 and have been to one home game every year since then. I live in Oklahoma but that does not stop me from cheering on my beloved huskers every chance that I get.

Hello all, I've been a HuskerMax member for awhile now, but I'm now just getting around to my first post. You see, I lived in Albuquerque growing up and was a fan of the New Mexico Lobos (which explains my call sign). Anyway, I retired from the Air Force and moved back to Omaha (was stationed at Offutt). My wife is a NU graduate and she bleeds Nebraska red. For the past two years she and my friends have been trying to convert me to a Nebraska Husker fan with not much luck. Well a few weeks back my friend who has season tickets said he would sell me his Nebraska/Southern Miss tickets at face price. I know that Memorial Statium is legendary, so I got the tickets. He asked me if I was going to wear any NU gear. I told him I didn't have any, but would if it had been the Wyoming game. Anyway, a couple of days ago he said he know someone who had two Wyoming tickets for sell. Anyway, long story short, this is my first post informing everyone that I'm going to my first NU game, wearing my first every NU shirt. Now that I've broken the cherry on this, I think I'll post a little more frequently.

Cheers, here's to Nebraska going to a BCS bowl this year and the New Mexico Lobos having a winning season.

Scott

Welcome to the board, Lobo. You'll love it. I did three tours at Offutt myself a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back