• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Filling the schedule ?

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
If Minn cant play the last game of the season.... could we fill that by a different BIG team that is also idle due to its opponent canceling.? I would take another game with iowa, penn st or NW. Im not sure if that could happen though ?

If Minn cant play the last game of the season.... could we fill that by a different BIG team that is also idle due to its opponent canceling.? I would take another game with iowa, penn st or NW. Im not sure if that could happen though ?

Right now I'd say the team with the best shot of having to sit out that week would be Ohio State.

The issue is going to be if Minnesota cancels their game and Michigan cancels their game...

I don't think many of us would get much enjoyment out of watching our team play OSU who is fighting for a playoff spot.

Speaking of filling out the schedule, do we have an opportunity after B1G schedule is done to play up to our 12 NCAA-allowed games? Can we schedule Kansas/Oklahoma/Colorado/etc?

The issue is going to be if Minnesota cancels their game and Michigan cancels their game...

If I was Frost I'd be asking Ohio State to come here, we played there earlier. Another loss isn't going to hurt Frost anymore then the others, and Ohio State almost has to say yes. They need all the wins they can get to make the playoffs, so it wouldn't look good if they turned down a chance to play a game when they could.

For a multitude of reasons, this is a forgettable year. We should just play out the current schedule and forget the rest. The way this team is going, adding games is like me on the driving range...it is just reinforcing bad habits.
For sure.

2020 B1G schedule with asterisk

If I was Frost I'd be asking Ohio State to come here, we played there earlier. Another loss isn't going to hurt Frost anymore then the others, and Ohio State almost has to say yes. They need all the wins they can get to make the playoffs, so it wouldn't look good if they turned down a chance to play a game when they could.
I'd like to see it. We played well against OSU for most of the first half. Correct the mistakes-turnovers, a couple of OSU turnovers and who knows? The Husker's played like a team spoiling for a fight against Iowa (I loved the grit they showed) and maybe they would welcome another chance to play OSU.

My question.... COULD it happen ? Would the BIG office allow that schedule alteration ? Or would all 4 schools have to take a NO CONTEST, even the 2 healthy schools ?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back