• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fifth Year Senior Transfers

denisonred

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
What are the chances we add a fifth year senior transfer prior to fall camp. At signing time it was mentioned a couple spots were being left open in case there was a senior transfer who fit our needs. The one spot we could use a player ready to play is running back. Washington and Mills status is still in doubt and behind them there is little depth. Bradley did noAt seize the opportunity this spring to move up and I do not see Belt or Mazur as much more than journeymen. Johnson will be here this fall but he is a true freshman and at this point you never know what to expect. A transfer with playing experience would help provide depth and solidify the position.

What are the chances we add a fifth year senior transfer prior to fall camp. At signing time it was mentioned a couple spots were being left open in case there was a senior transfer who fit our needs. The one spot we could use a player ready to play is running back. Washington and Mills status is still in doubt and behind them there is little depth. Bradley did noAt seize the opportunity this spring to move up and I do not see Belt or Mazur as much more than journeymen. Johnson will be here this fall but he is a true freshman and at this point you never know what to expect. A transfer with playing experience would help provide depth and solidify the position.
I would say pretty good that we will see a transfer before fall camp that is eligible for 2019.

I would suspect a WR for sure, right? And probably a RB?
WR top of the list followed by LB. Secondary and RB would be second tier that I could see. Curious how the RB room would take a grad transfer, sometimes you like the dynamic as is despite depth issues.

WR top of the list followed by LB. Secondary and RB would be second tier that I could see. Curious how the RB room would take a grad transfer, sometimes you like the dynamic as is despite depth issues.
Can a LB pick up the defense fast enough to be a serious contributor?

WR, I know they can, it happens all the time. Same with RB.

I would think you would want a WR to be in town over the summer to develop chemistry with the QB. RB could come in later and make an impact, but WR often struggle if not given enough time. Look at the history of FA WR in the NFL.

Can a LB pick up the defense fast enough to be a serious contributor?

WR, I know they can, it happens all the time. Same with RB.
This will be somewhat confusing, but OLB is actually pretty easy in our scheme in regard to “knowing what to do”. You just have to be a really good football player. 95% of the time, it’s set the edge on the run, if not a run, get to the flats. Problem is, you can have production like Luke Gifford last year (good), or Alex Davis (bad).

This will be somewhat confusing, but OLB is actually pretty easy in our scheme in regard to “knowing what to do”. You just have to be a really good football player. 95% of the time, it’s set the edge on the run, if not a run, get to the flats. Problem is, you can have production like Luke Gifford last year (good), or Alex Davis (bad).
Thanks, I hope we find someone that fits for us.

I don't think that the coaching staff is as concerned about WR and RB for this year as a lot of the fans are. I don't at all doubt that we'd take both an ILB and an OLB if we could get solid play-makers who already generally know the system.

I don't think that the coaching staff is as concerned about WR and RB for this year as a lot of the fans are. I don't at all doubt that we'd take both an ILB and an OLB if we could get solid play-makers who already generally know the system.
Staff is extremely concerned about WR. RB all depends on Washington and Mills, who our staff is expecting to be here.

Last edited:

Staff is extremely concerned about WR. RB all depends on Washington and Mills, who our staff is expecting to be here.
;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back