• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ferguson Not on team any longer

Dude... it gets much worse, we're gonna have to start scheduling McCool Junction...
Can't wait for the road games.
They've got the best drinking water in the USA!

now-thats-whaticall-high-ouality-h20-memeful-com-13916800.png

Do we even have enough players left to field a team?

should we drop down to 8 man?
Should we seek a dissertation why it makes no difference if we ran a 4-3 vs a 3-4; despite the fact we have far more serviceable Power 5 linemen than Power 5 linebackers?

IMO, we are roughly two deep with linemen. We aren't even one deep at line backer. And Doctor Rob said that we'd be way better off with a 4-3. That is good enough for me.

Last edited:
Should we seek a dissertation why it makes no difference if we ran a 4-3 vs a 3-4; despite the fact we have far more serviceable Power 5 linemen than Power 5 linebackers?

IMO, we are roughly two deep with linemen. We aren't even one deep at line backer. And Doctor Rob said that we'd be way better off with a 4-3. That is good enough for me.
Better for one year? We'd need a new DC and what we don't need right now is more coach turnover.

There's a reason why he's Doctor Rob and not Head Coach Rob. I'll stick with the guys opinion who is actually paid to make those decisions.

Why was he engaged last year and not this year?
Curious about the timing of this. Was it you that mentioned he seemed to have checked out in the offseason? Were they trying to honor the scholly and allow him to graduate, but something pushed the wrong button? Anything you can share?

There's a reason why he's Doctor Rob and not Head Coach Rob. I'll stick with the guys opinion who is actually paid to make those decisions.

Well, hopefully the guy whose job it is to fix this defense will be open minded enough to listen to the opinions of others and consider the merit of their argument.

Here, in year two and a number of close losses that could have gone either way, there is no reason for Frost and Company to panic and over compensate, but I think it’s imperative that they be able to demonstrate that our faith in them is not misplaced by year 3. They don’t need to perform a UCF miracle, but if we aren’t bowl eligible this time next year, things are going to start getting unpleasant whether it’s fair or not.

This is a long term rebuild, but you still have to feed the “hope train” more than you feed the “hype train”.

Curious about the timing of this. Was it you that mentioned he seemed to have checked out in the offseason? Were they trying to honor the scholly and allow him to graduate, but something pushed the wrong button? Anything you can share?
Ya, he checked out in the summer (I did not know that as I was proclaiming him all conference caliber). Got his real estate license and I believe invested in another company. We were so thin and he was so talented he was able to stay on the team and even played. But we are sub .500 now, time to shape up or ship out.

I don’t believe that this one was on Frost. I believe it was stated before on here that he got his real estate license and has “moved on” from football. I believe he checked out of football long before this season started.

This goes along with Frost wanting players that love football.
There is a time for everything. His timing is actually helpful to the coaches. He did them a favor if he moved on.

There is nothing wrong with walking away from the game to handle faith or family. Football is the priority below them.

Seriously think about this for a minute ....

He's moving on from Division 1 collegiate football ... so ... he can start selling real estate?

With all due respect to those who sell real estate ... "Are you ***** kidding me?"

There's more to the story than this! He literally has an NFL body and athleticism ... just never could seem to put it together. I understand wanting to prepare for life after college ... but to quit your team 2/3rds of the way through your senior season?

There is a time for everything. His timing is actually helpful to the coaches. He did them a favor if he moved on.

There is nothing wrong with walking away from the game to handle faith or family. Football is the priority below them.
No his timing sucks ... he should have quit in August if he was this disengaged! Don't disagree on where you have football in the priority list but he has a football family too ... his teammates and coaches and he's quitting on them as well. Unless of course he feels like they quit on him! (How likely is that?)

Last edited:

No his timing sucks ... he should have quit in August if he was this disengaged! Don't disagree on where you have football in the priority list but he has a football family too ... his teammates and coaches and he's quitting on them as well. unless of course he feels like they quit on him! (How likely is that?)
You might be right on the timing, but we have a scholarship free sooner rather than later.

The football family comes after personal family. You have to get the home right or you cannot get the football family life right. It really boils down to basics like you'd find in the Maslow's needs triangle. Some of this is predictable. Sometimes the coaches cannot predict the stumbling blocks for players. That is why I suggest a sport psychologist get back involved with the team. Let the neutral face try to enlighten Frost what may be going on outside of his direct knowledge. This sports psychology stuff works.

Last edited:
Ya, he checked out in the summer (I did not know that as I was proclaiming him all conference caliber). Got his real estate license and I believe invested in another company. We were so thin and he was so talented he was able to stay on the team and even played. But we are sub .500 now, time to shape up or ship out.
I guess this is really the only thing that matters now. Gotta completely clear out whoever isn't 100% on board to set the stage for 2020.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back