• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

*** Fall Practice Primer

Having watched UCF and Oregon under SF, I think people don't understand that his offense is not like the QB option offense. It seemed very flexible and only had QBs running about 7 times a game. That should be plenty.as long as the QB can gain 5-10 yards on some of those Zone Read plays so defenses can't just key on the other players, I'm fine with him. I'd much rather have a QB who plays mistake free and makes quick decisions. That is what it sounds like Gebbua excels at.
The QB keep on the zone read reminds me of the way we used to use our fullback. The D has to always be ready for it, freezes up a couple players, and just when you forget about it... watch out.

The QB keep on the zone read reminds me of the way we used to use our fullback. The D has to always be ready for it, freezes up a couple players, and just when you forget about it... watch out.

Yep. Hoping our guys can replicate TO's sense of timing...he would set teams up for those big gainers in big moments. Man, woman, and child did that put us in the isles!

Last edited:
With any depth at all, TA wouldn't have...

1973: Dave Humm: shoulder injury: missed opener against UCLA
1981: Turner Gill didnt: lower leg injury
1990: Mickey Joseph: leg injury Oklahoma ran into the bench
1994: Frazier and Berringer both hurt
2007: Keller: replaced by Ganz

QB starters injuries are more common than your memory remembers :).

5 in 45 years, I don't think that is common at all.

C

My memory is fine as I remember all of those with the exception of the 1973 Dave Humm injury because I was only 4. Are you sure you meant to quote me?

Interestingly, Milton's rushing stats in 2016 were about the same as Tommie Frazier's in 1995.

Milton (2016): 106 attempts. 613 yards. 5.8 YPC.
Frazier (1995): 97 attempts. 604 yards. 6.2 YPC.

Wow! What an eye-opening post! This tells us that the running ability of SF's QBs is as important as the running ability of TO's QBs.

In 2016 I saw all of UCF's QBs at practice. When the depth chart was formulated, the 3 QBs who were the best runners topped the depth chart. The best passers were at the bottom of the depth chart.

The pure "ball distributers" got left behind.

Many people are trying to downplay AM's ability to run better than TG because they think TG can run "well enough".

I am not one of them.

Last edited:
Wow! What an eye-opening post! This tells us that the running ability of SF's QBs is as important as the running ability of TO's QBs.

In 2016 I saw all of UCF's QBs at practice. When the depth chart was formulated, the 3 QBs who were the best runners topped the depth chart. The best passers were at the bottom of the depth chart.

Many people are trying to downplay AM's ability to run better than TG because they think TG can run "well enough".

I am not one of them.

oh really?

oh really?

Yep. I was there during pre-season fall camp in 2016. I was a member of the UCF football team for 3 days. I thought I could beat out McKenzie Milton, but they would not give me a chance. Instead they made me into a hybrid WR/DB.

:Biggrin:

Last edited:

After listening to him a few times I can tell you he is a straight shooter
I've had the pleasure of communicating with MV on a couple of occasions, and RR is 100% spot on. Verduzco is as straight a shooter as you will find. He thoroughly impressed me with not only his candor, but acknowledgement of how important football is to the state of Nebraska.

I am not one of them.
That’s very interesting!!! Now if we can compare the passing statistics from both and completion percentage, attempts, yard,s and yards per attempt we see that SF prefers better passing ability.

Many people are trying to downplay TG’s ability to pass better than AM because they think AM can pass “well enough”.

Personally I am in the business of letting the best coaching staff in the country make that decision and not promote my own agenda.

88FEEE6E-E261-4F92-95A7-BE70787B3736.jpeg

I found a photo of Paramus

What ever...wrong way Paramus

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back